RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is limited registration cause I have a puppy but he has no papers but I want him to compete in field trials and hunt test but I don't know if that possible

Could limited registration let me compete him in events?

How can I get limited registration?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Limited registration is a breeding restriction that the breeder/ seller of the pup places on the pup's registration at the time of sale/initial registration. Limited registrations can be lifted by the breeder if certain criteria are met i.e the pup earning titles, getting health clearances, etc.

PAL/ILP is the registration AKC provides for purebred dogs who do not have papers. This allows dogs in this program compete in hunt tests, obedience and other performance events. ILP/PAL dogs can NOT compete in field trials or conformation events. Offspring from limited registration/ILP/PAL dogs are NOT eligible for registration in the AKC.

T. Mac

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
If Im not mistaken, for AKC to issue a PAL/ILP (Indefinite Listing Privelege) they do require spay or neuter certificate. If your guy came without papers of any kind then , he can probably be eligible for the above #.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just out of curiosity what kind of breeder would require limited registration and not have the pups papered in either akc,or ukc. Kinda seems odd to me.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just out of curiosity what kind of breeder would require limited registration and not have the pups papered in either akc,or ukc. Kinda seems odd to me.
Limited Registration IS AKC registration.... as stated above, the dog is able to compete in anything except conformation or field trials. The OP wants an ILP/PAL number from AKC and yes, the dog has to be altered to get one.

·
Registered
513 Posts
You can find out about the ILP program on the AKC website (http://www.akc.org/reg/ilpex.cfm). This program is for purebred dogs who for one reason or another can't be registered with the AKC. The paperwork is pretty straightforward. The dog does need to be spayed/neutered in order to get the ILP.

I adopted a older lab from a local rescue group and got an ILP number for him. We had a great time running Junior hunt tests.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
http://www.akc.org/reg/limitedreg.cfm

According to AKC, dogs with Limited Registration CAN enter field trials. Conformation shows are the only events not allowed.
Danielle
True, but limited registration and ILP are not the same. No conformation or field trials with an ILP number. But still other venues to have fun and compete with your dog!!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Do a search on Limited, you'll get some good info, or just look it up on the AKC site. Limited is still AKC registered, still get the papers, just a way for breeders to try and limit some dogs from being bred, until the owner has either done some requirements, such as health clearances and possibly some titles, at which time Limited is changed to Full, or not bred at all for a variety of reasons. Before Limited, dogs were sold without papers at all or else spayed/neutered, if the breeder didn't want them bred. Limited Registration dogs can run any AKC venue other than conformation. What the OP is asking about has nothing to do with Limited, her dog doesn't have any papers at all, which is a different matter. ILP/PAL is possible with AKC as others have mentioned, can run some venues, not all, dog has to be spayed/neutered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts