RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to recall a list that someone had once put together (John Cavanaugh?) detailing the wide variety of mark and blind experiences that a dog should be exposed to. Cover, wind, ditches, potholes, sidehills, roads, marking concepts, etc. It was a pretty darn good compilation.

If anyone has it, or something similar, a PM would be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
WeBeGoldens.com

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Breck and Teri but the manual of John's that I think contains this info doesn't load on Weebe's web site.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Goldenboy said:
Thanks Breck and Teri but the manual of John's that I think contains this info doesn't load on Weebe's web site.
Sorry to be of so little help with your request, Mark. But I can put you in touch with the founder of DAM...that's Mothers Against Dyslexia, which may have some benefit for you. :roll: :wink:

UB

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not everything downloads off Megan's site, but the Master Seminar had a bunch of that sort of thing in it. I downloaded it fine as well as as all 3 of the Judging/Training manuals.

I know that Dennis has had a list like that published in ONLINE on more than one occassion.

Teri

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Goldenboy said:
I seem to recall a list that someone had once put together (John Cavanaugh?) detailing the wide variety of mark and blind experiences that a dog should be exposed to. Cover, wind, ditches, potholes, sidehills, roads, marking concepts, etc. It was a pretty darn good compilation.

Don't think I've seen the list to which you refer but I, for one, would certainly add "Poison Birds".

Jerry

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jerry said:
Goldenboy said:

Don't think I've seen the list to which you refer but I, for one, would certainly add "Poison Birds".

Jerry
Poison Birds, dry pops, keyholes, wiper birds, false horizons, hip pockets, in-lines, momma/poppas, out of order flyer, all manner of retired guns, FC's and MH's not picking up shackled ducks :wink: .

Jerry, it was quite a comprehensive list. I've got it somewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts