RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We lost Pixie yesterday. I woke up this morning with a huge emptiness. She was diagnosed with malignant fibrous histiocytoma last September. We had the tumor removed and it returned and grew out of control. It was between her shoulder blades and eventually compromised her mobility and quality of life. We burried her in our pasture next to her father, Phoenix. It wasn't her time...and it wasn't my time either. Bless you my little Pixie.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Bev,

I am so sorry to hear of Pixie's passing, way too soon. May all the wonderful memories help you through this.

Jean

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I loved her call name "Pixie", so unique...I am so sorry for your untimely loss, they are not with us nearly long enough and her time was shorter than most. I know your heartache.

Rest in Peace dear Pixie, no more pain for you.

With Sympathy,

Earlene

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
It's never easy, but it's part of the understood contract between our dogs and us. Please accept our deepest condolences.-Paul and Susan

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sorry for your loss Bev and Jerry

·
Registered
568 Posts
Very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I am so so sorry. Run free sweet Pixie.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
So sorry, too young to go, RIP Pixie.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bev,
I remember when she won the Amateur at Maumee Valley. She was brilliant in the last series. That long bird was so hard and so long and took so much courage to stay in the water all the way to it.
So much heart in such a little dog.
Remember the good times.
Marv

·
Registered
143 Posts
Damn cancer...

So sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Bev: I am so sorry to read this. My heart is broken for you.

RIP sweet Pixie.

Take care,

Paula

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Bev,

A wonderful girl and a great competitor.
Pixie was fun to watch. Tremendous heart and talent. I'm sorry for your loss. way too soon. No cancer in heaven Miss Pixie. May all your marks be flyers... wings tipped in gold.

My condolences on your loss.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bev and Jerry,

My heart aches for you both after just reading about the loss of your dear Pixie. When you told me about her diagnosis, I had hoped you would have many more months/years with her. I am in tears typing this, realizing it was not to be.

We had the privilege of watching and competing against Pixie from the early years when both Katie and Pixie were young Qualifying dogs. Over the years through our journey from the Q's to the all age stakes, I don't recall Katie ever getting the best of her. And Marv is right - that long water mark at Maumee Valley where Pixie won the Amateur was a thing of beauty.

But my favorite memories of Pixie were during training, one of us would call out "Pixieeeeee" and her entire body would wiggle with excitement. She acted like every day was an adventure and always a party. Pixie was a wonderful competitor and truly a special little girl.

Give her little guy Tully a big hug for me.

Deb

1 - 20 of 67 Posts