RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Chk Lab Baiely is doing really well for the most part (6 months today). I have recently been taking her on long nature walks since the weather is getting better, but she is really not interested in retrieving at new places. She does great in fenced back yard (which is about .5 acres), but while we are on our nature walks she will chase whatever I throw and mouth it, but then on she goes sniffing. I understand there are a lot of distractions and this could be totally normal, but I wanted some input since she is my first pup. She goes to the trainer in a month so I want to do everything I can to get her socialized and get her confidence up.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Congrats on the pup. Its a big world out there and your pup is just exploring it. There are many many many distractions in the woods or an open field. My pup did the same thing at this age. If you are in a field and have a check cord ready use it. Get the pup all excited jump around do what you gotta do. Toss a fun bumper and let the pup chase it around. Then once the pup has the bumper start reeling him in. Give lots of praise when they return with bumper in mouth and Don't get upset when he drops it that is until you've Force fetched trained. Even then not so much. Enjoy the pup while he's a pup. It goes fast. Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts