RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TV News Piece

If it works properly, the above link will take you to a local TV news story that aired last night. The below should show you the local newspaper article.

Newspaper Article

The officer involved is a longtime dog training and hunting buddy of mine. He's been in Law Enforcement for several years and recently switched over to the K-9 side.

His young dog Capone made his first official mark on the street recently.

I had no idea it was going to be on TV or in the news. Yesterday I got to speak on the phone with my buddy. He was pretty relieved to have graduated just a couple weeks ago, and now put the training into practical use busting bad guys.

The parallel: We all love to see our dogs come along in training. When they actually go out there in the field under pressure and put it all together to do the real thing, it's pretty rewarding.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Good job Capone and trainer! I used to volunteer to be the dummy for the police k9 units, tell you what, it's not fun getting bit by German Shepard and
Belgian Malinor even with armored sleeves on.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Good job Capone and trainer! I used to volunteer to be the dummy for the police k9 units, tell you what, it's not fun getting bit by German Shepard and
Belgian Malinor even with armored sleeves on.
Especially with a running "body bite" and you can't break the fall. The arm happy ones learn in a hurry. Thanks for the volunteer. Many, many years ago as a handler/trainer it was hard to find "good" agitators, women were at a premium as the dogs acted differnently around the genders!

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Good dog!!! OUr AKC ob club was having issues with vandals. We cut a great deal with the local police canine unit. We get extra patrols around the building and they now have an indoor training place during certain hours when we don't use the building. Talk about a win win deal. Extra plus is that Magic has made a few new doggy friends with the K-9 labs on patrol.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
How cool is that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts