RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
A flyball Box is a flyball box, just like he said :lol:

No, actually, I believe it is a box set at one end of a ring and you send the dog for a ball sitting at a special place on it...........Only seen it done one time, don't know much more than that.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Wayne, I didn't find any used boxes, but there are are quite a few new ones for sale at various prices if you google flyball box.

For those of you wondering what Wayne is looking for, maybe this will explain it.

Lots of great dog games out there.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I'd never known what flyball was before now. That actually looks like a fun indoor game for the winter.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wayne,

There were two for sale at the OB schools here. I will check tomorrow and let you know if they are still available.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Goldeneye thanks!

Thanks a lot, I can't justify a new box as they're pretty expensive...we aren't intending to enter flyball competitions.

Appreciate any and all help.

If anyone is handy there are plans online to build them - I'm just about as handy as well....okay I couldn't build a bird house.......

All the best

Wayne Dibbley

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Re: Goldeneye thanks!

Wayne Dibbley said:
Thanks a lot, I can't justify a new box as they're pretty expensive...we aren't intending to enter flyball competitions.

Appreciate any and all help.

If anyone is handy there are plans online to build them - I'm just about as handy as well....okay I couldn't build a bird house.......

All the best

Wayne Dibbley

Need to go to Home Depot on Sat. mornings the have beginner classes and last week they built bird houses with the kids. :wink:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Flyball is the noisiet dog game that I have ever seen. Every single dog in the competition will be barking its head off from the minute the first run starts unti lthe last dog has run. This is when they are runing, when they are in thier crates, when they are outside airing. I suggest a heavy dose of Tylenol and a pocket full of BC powder before attending your first event :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Howard N said:
I'd never known what flyball was before now. That actually looks like a fun indoor game for the winter.
Well, yeah. If you're deaf. :wink: My first exposure to flyball was a demo at an Obedience Trial. I didn't finish going through the door before I went back to the truck. Luckily, I had my ammo bag on board with some foam ear plugs.

'Course you could train your own dogs not to bark as they play. But evidently most flyball enthusiasts don't subscribe to this course of action.

Sensitive hearing regards,
Kevin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts