RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What pro's (field trial or hunt test) are around Tyler, Waco, Austin, or San Antonio? I'm traveling down Hwy 31 & I-35 through those towns on a regular basis & would like to meet a few, help throw some birds & possibly place my pup with them when the time comes. Please specify if they're hunt testers or field trialers. Thanks in advance for any recommendations :D.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Dozens in the wintertime. I think most of them will be up north now.

JS

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Angie Becker (on this frum) is around Austin. Mostly HT I think. She would be a good contact person.

Rorem, Beck, Gunzer, to name just a few are a little further east.

JS

·
Registered
881 Posts
Check Angie Becker one of the good ones here to see if you can work something out. She is in MI now.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Jack Morris of Stellar Retrievers is in Giddings. He is a great hunt test pro, and has been successful in field trials as well.
Bill Eckett (field trials) winters right next door to Jack on another piece of property like 1 mile away.
Dave Rorem (field trials) is just a bit south and east of Giddings in Fayetteville during the winter months.

Hope this info helps.

Terry,

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Clay Bridges is just west of Longview. He's a young-dog field trial pro (basics through about the qual level), but I wouldn't hesitate to put a dog with him regardless of your plans for the dog. He worked with Danny Farmer for 4+ years. He probably does basics as thoroughly as anyone. He doesn't run many trials so your dog is trained 6 days a week.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jack Morris of Stellar Retrievers is in Giddings. He is a great hunt test pro, and has been successful in field trials as well.
Bill Eckett (field trials) winters right next door to Jack on another piece of property like 1 mile away.
Dave Rorem (field trials) is just a bit south and east of Giddings in Fayetteville during the winter months.

Hope this info helps.

Terry,

Sure does, Thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Rody best. Best retrievers

·
Registered
402 Posts

Hope this info helps.

Terry,
X2 on Jack. I threw birds and trained with him for over a year, then left my dog with him for several months when my 1st son was born.

·
Registered
921 Posts
You have some good names to start with. Tim Springer is in that area in the winter and does a very good job with young dogs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts