RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so worried about trying to Qualify for the 2012 Master National ... That I didn't book a Hotel room....... Does ANYONE have a extra room they don't need....... Would prefer one that took dogs...... She ALWAYS sleeps in the bed with me.

Would consider sharing (with a female) to help defray costs.....

Karen

·
Registered
469 Posts
Days Inn, Demopolis. I think Best Western there also allows pets for a fee. If you do a search in the Real Estate Classifieds section of the forum, you should find a thread regarding accommodations for the 2012 MN.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My understanding is they are ALL filled......... Anyone have any other ideas........

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Come to the GRAND :)

Birmingham is about 30 miles away and they have plenty of rooms. Stayed there not long ago.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
You might try Selma. It's a bit further out (an hour away) but there are several there that might still have rooms....Ramada, America's Best Value. A friend will be at the Jameson Inn and I've heard it's quite nice though a bit smaller.

Hurry. That's Homecoming w/e at the Univ of Alabama and they expect about 150,000 folks to be in Tuscaloosa...50 miles away from the MN site.

Jeff, Birmingham is actually about 100 miles from the site by any commonly driven route. The problem is that game week, you'd have to drive down I20/59 along with all the other folks right into the center of Tuscaloosa.

The MN Committee was told about this problem and they said, "What's the problem? It's just a football game." Clearly the person who said that doesn't know very much about the SEC.

Also, anyone that finds a room, tell them the likely length of your stay. There will be a lot of rooms available early in the week but the management will boot you out for game folks on Wed or Thurs.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Sorry Eric,

Meant Tuscaloosa!!! Still plenty of room in Grove OK for the grand. OU is about 150 miles away :).

Sounds like MN and GRAND committees operate under same type of thought process.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts