RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took the pup out 2:30 this morning everything was fine.A couple of hours later could hear her stomach spasming and she vomits. Not digested but a clump of food ressembling mush with some small amounts of fine wood splinters. Several times since more stomach spasms with a little fluid clear to milky. She passed a normal stool in the last hr. She won't take any water and doesn't want to go out which is abnormal.
Ahh,joys of owning a dog.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Thanks,maybe I'm just a nervous pappy. Worried about the worst,hoping for the best.

Better nervous than sorry. Good luck at the Vet...

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
What's the diagnosis? Hope all is well. Our second one was a big swallower and ended up with four full body x-rays before he was a year old (gold jewelry, battery powered clock/w batteries, etc.) All passed without incident.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She got some IV fluids and some pepsid,and call me in the morning.Stomach and insides felt fine,no temp,everything looks good.No spasms,vomit since seeing the vet. Just made up a LITTLE burger and rice "soup" and she's looking for more. We'll see how that works out,haha,in awhile.Hopefully it's just an upset stomach.
Just a little pissed(not at the dog),been watching her like a hawk,doing everything right,I think?
Kids these days!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
First, I am glad your girl checked out okay, it is always scarry when you don't know the cause....BUT...in my experience, get used to it...if you have a retriever, I can promise you this won't be the LAST time, no matter how close you watch....they are like hoover vacumn cleaners and you never know what they are gonna try and eat.....Sometimes you swear you are doing everything right and they couldn't possibly have eaten anything, then there in the yard all twisted up is something resembling the sock you just don't seem to have a match to anymore....:)
My 10, did I say TEN year old did the same thing your pup is doing just last week, I swear I haven't let her out of my sight, but went through a 24 hour "stomach" issue and all good now..... Do a search sometime on the things these dogs eat, will scare the beejeesus out of you!(And make you laugh too!)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Do a search sometime on the things these dogs eat, will scare the beejeesus out of you
I think they call it "dietary indiscretion"

G

·
My dog went thru this last year the vet never found problem and it lasted about a week. I'm glad your pup is better Pepcid is what helped mine.

·
Registered
658 Posts
In my dog's short 4 years on this earth he has vomited up 10-12 socks and a dish towel. The only thing that has saved him is he always swallows it whole so it can't go any farther then his stomach.

Where he finds the socks baffles me... I swear I close the gate to the laundry room every time...

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I think they call it "dietary indiscretion"
I call call it not discriminatory in what they eat. My 10 yo you have to watch him like a hawk. I swear he would eat anything!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts