RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i posted a week ago how my 5 month other chocolate Tucker had a bit of loss of appetite. i thought this was from the recent vaccines.
He was of normal mental state just eating less each day. Wednesday he would even eat his favorite treat. As a Paramedic we are taught to read patient physical state. He never turns down a treat and this made me jump into gear. I brought him to the vet and her first thought was " i dont think he has parvo because he is extremely playful, but it would be silly to not do a parvo test" and " have you noticed any toys missing?" i said " yea a hanger he was chewing on (my bad)" She then says " thats more along the lines of what im thinking maybe a bowel obstruction"..... So she goes back after doing a fecal, about 10 minutes later she comes back in and tells us" he actually does have parvo, i had to get a second opinion because i thought it was a false positive from the previous vaccine". At this point, My girlfriend and are are speechless. The Vet says " its a 50/50 chance" by now i have realized just how much tucker has became my family. She said the best course of treatment would be to leave him there... So i did. This morning the vet calls me telling me Tucker is doing great his blood work is great no organ issues at all. He at a little food and kept it down. The best part is i get to take him home tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason i share this is that i live at a apartment complex where the other tenants let their dog void and dont pick it up. There is so much there that its inevitable to avoid it at night. i had kept him in semi quarantine til the vaccines were all done. I went to my apt complex manager and told her " im not looking to get anything out of this im not placing blame i would just like to make other dog owners aware" her response shocked me... In a mean tone " absolutley not! that would be us admiting guilt and we cannot have that" i said i understand just word it like a concerned tenant wanted you to be aware. I said " that doesnt mean i cannot go door to door and warn people " She said " that would violate your lease" by this time i just walked out.

Everyone here is responsible dog owners i just wanted to share my terrible experience

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I hope your dog is okay. Sending good thoughts.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She said " it would take some time for me to show you"

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
She's full of it. At the very least you could put some signage around your apartment that others would be able to easily read. You don't have to go door to door, just make them come to your door and see what's going on.

G

·
My daughter lives in an apartment with her two schnauzers I would like to know if another dog in that complex had parvo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts