RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat Sammy just passed away a little while ago. She was 16 and the sweetest Siamese cat to ever live. She was hit by a car at an early age, and her right front leg was bent into an L at the paw. She was the sweetest 3 legged cat to ever walk the face of the planet, and she will be forever missed.

I'll miss my old kitty girl.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Oh my goodness, I am so so sorry.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss---Siamese are wonderful cats, aren't they. I'm so glad you and she had a nice long time together, even though it never seems quite long enough.
We had a Siamese that the kids named "Kitty-Kitty Bang-Bang" and called him "Bang-Bang for short....think Walt Disney. He was the funniest character. One morning I thought I heard water running in the half bath off the laundry room and went to check it out. Bang-Bang and I passed each other just before I got to the laundry room. When I looked, I couldn't find any dripping water. Oh well I thought, maybe it was just a quirky thing with the pipes. Couple of days later, the same thing happened and Bang-Bang and I passed each other again. Being a reasonably quick study, I thought it strange that he passed me at the same place as before. Couple more days went by and I was keeping my eye out for the cat. He meandered into the laundryroom & turned left into the half bath. I snuck up to the door & peeked in and there he was sitting on the toilet peeing away!
Siamese are so darn smart!
Suzanne B

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Sorry to hear that matt... I've always had both cats and dogs... so, I understand your loss. my condolences.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Sorry to hear you lost Sammy today.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I had several Siamese when I was young because my parents wouldn't let me have dogs. They are very intelligent, some retrieve, and they talk. I did have one when I had dogs and she could handle any dog and actually made fools of them because she ran up the stairs so fast they never figured out where she went. They also live a long time so I'm sorry you lost your friend.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
We always had one or two kitties. Our "Pumpkin" came home from Bowdoin College at Christmas break with our younger daughter..to return after the Holidays. She decided that home was a better place than dorm life I guess, so stayed here instead. She had a little orange spot on top of her head..and given she was a fall kitten, "Pumpkin".

She seemed Siamese like in her voice and personality, and never hesitated to let us know what she was thinking!

Your sad loss of "Sammy" has taken me down memory lane a bit, along with Suzanne.. That part is not a bad thing as such memories are to be cherished, and enjoyed, a celebration of their lives..

Hopefully your memories of your dear kitty will bring a smile as time goes.

My Condolences, and God Speed, "Sammy"...

Judy

·
Registered
351 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Its hard to replace a pet like this

·
Registered
712 Posts
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your kitty.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I lost my 17 yr old cat 2 years ago. She was a lovely calico named Emily. I thought I would not get another cat, but last spring I came home with littermate kittens. The male was all black, but the female was a torti point Siamese with white paws. Not sure how came about in the same litter. The Siamese is really a sweetheart, loves to cuddle and boy can she purr.

Even though this is a retriever forum, there are lots of "cat" people here as well who understand your loss. My sympathies to you.

Dawn

·
Registered
320 Posts
I am sorry to hear about you losing your kitty. We recently lost one of our cats that we had had for about 13 years. She was a wonderful cat. Not too long before she passed, a stray kitten showed up, and she had kittens 2 weeks ago this Friday. I guess God knew that we needed her to love too. She lost one of her kittens the first day. So whether is a few hours or several years, it hurts to let them go.

May God comfort you, and may He allow all of us to see our 4-legged family members again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts