RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I am new the RTF and to retriever games but excited to get involved!

My questions is has anyone looked at lower cost options for release electronics other than TT/Dogtra? For a new off the shelf 1TX/3RX the cost is close to $600! That would 1 or two new wingers?

It seems like a lower cost should be available with all the electronics available today.

What do you' all think? :cool:

Thanks David

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I don't know of any other options besides TT or Dogstra.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the point Wayne. I have not seen anything other than those TT/Dogtra listed. The cost is about 500-600 for 1tx-3rx. With all the available electronics out there today there is no low cost options. Have any dog trainers out there used any lower cost solutions for release controls?

Thanks, David

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
The problem with low cost is that you get what you pay for. ;) And especially with electronics that need to stand up to vibrations and a level of impact, I can't imagine a cheaper unit holding up well.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ok. I have everything for the walkie talkie remotes including the 9v booster. Can't get servo to trip. Is there anything special as far as the radios I'm missing? Getting 3+v's coming out if the reciever radio

·
Registered
792 Posts
Ok. I have everything for the walkie talkie remotes including the 9v booster. Can't get servo to trip. Is there anything special as far as the radios I'm missing? Getting 3+v's coming out if the reciever radio
im not sure shortly after I saw the walkin talkie design I found out about carymart electronics. Do a search. More reliable better battery power than the 9 volt. And you can use as many as you can afford unlike walkin talkies

1 - 10 of 10 Posts