RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
I had the privilege of shooting for your dogs on Sunday(land series), good working pups!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congratulations on your success! I was in Senior, and I walked past a car with the license plate that had "tater" on it. I kept thinking, does that really tater, or am I missing something?

Man you had a lot of dogs in you series. I felt like I had a gift because Seniors had only 19 on Saturday, and 16 on Sunday. We were done so quick, I had the chance to watch Masters run.

I agree that the event was well done, the judges were good, and the gunners were accurate. I think it takes patience, planning, and understanding on every ones part to get through a long day.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hey I know those tater dogs!!! glad you did well and I am sure it was because of the videos I loaned you haha. Even if you haven't watched them all yet. Did you get a bunch of cool pictures??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kelly - Caroline took about 4,ooo pictures between seniors and juniors each day, and lots of amazing shots – especially dogs during the water retrieves. She will be sending the club and lots of owners pictures. Check the links below later in the week to see some. By the way, I tried but my dawgs would not pay attention to the videos for more than 15 seconds. Need to work on their focus. Thanks again.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So that was your wife at Senior taking pictures on Saturday? There was a woman beyond the holding blind taking pictures of all the dogs. I didn't notice her until my dog was running back with one of the birds.

I had 2 emotions. The first was great I've almost no pictures of my dog, I should speak to her. The second was I'm glad she wasn't shooting pictures as the dog was coming to the line. The dog knows the game, and when he is at the line, he keys in on any sound. It can be frustrating if people are making noise as the dog is at the line preparing for the marks.

I need to look at the links later.

Michael

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Michael – She knows to be quiet until the dogs leave. She always asks the judges where to sit and any special concerns they may have. In the past, the judges usually tell the handlers so if they have concerns she can accommodate the handlers. She had one handler ask her not to take pictures so she did not. She did get pictures of senior dogs on land Saturday, and planned to shoot water Sunday, but the layout did not give her a good spot while being out of the way- so she did not shoot. Hope she got some good ones of your dog.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I didn't find her obtrusive. I didn't notice her until my dog was returning.

I finally got to open the smugmug link, and the first dog that popped up was mine. Son of a gun.

http://carolinefentonphotography.sm...-2012/22501301_t2C9HN#!i=1799778132&k=jJW4qSx

She did a nice job on exposure. Black on a dog is tough to show detail in the shaded parts, and with a dog with a black curly coat, exposure is even tougher.

I'll send her a PM.

Michael

·
Registered
612 Posts
Proud papa just gotta brag. Both dawgs passed their first attempt at a Junior AKC Hunt Test – two days in a row. Next tests are in June so if the same dawgs show up…………………on to Senior
:)

Great pic of the HRC preliminary hunt test, I'll be getting a photo from from you of my sons little chocolate. I seen you taking pictures and was hoping you got her leaping.

Good job!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Congratulations, Michael and the "Tater-Tots"! I need to chat more with Caroline about getting a magazine cover shot of one of my boys... any chance you'll be heading up to Prado Friday or Monday?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She will not be at Prado this weekend, but she will be there next Saturday. She shoots for Dock Dogs and I guess they have a training day. We will be back there on 5/5. IVRC has a training day. She took 14,000 pictures last weekend and will be busy for a while sorting through them.

I think I will suggest to her to set up a calendar where she will be. That way if you are in the area................:wink:

·
Registered
612 Posts
She will not be at Prado this weekend, but she will be there next Saturday. She shoots for Dock Dogs and I guess they have a training day. We will be back there on 5/5. IVRC has a training day. She took 14,000 pictures last weekend and will be busy for a while sorting through them.

I think I will suggest to her to set up a calendar where she will be. That way if you are in the area................:wink:
Prado Basin HRC is having a training on the same day but later in the afternoon, maybe Kelly can talk you into sticking around:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
This may sound like a plug, and I guess in a way it is. I bought a CD from Caroline Fenton, and there were many good shots and she sent me all of them. She had 71 of my dog. Now I can appreciate how many images she had to cope with.

She has a good eye.

Micheal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts