RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
My kids left out one of my Lucky dog plastic bumpers last night and my pup polled the air stop valve out. Needless to sat I have no idea where the valve is now. Is there a way to replace the valve? I have been looking online for Luck Dogs home page to see if I could get an extra air stop valve but have been unsuccessful so far. Any thoughts or suggestions that I could do to fix the bumper? If not I guess I could always use it on dry land or file the valve with glue to make it air tight again.

Mike McArthur

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
I'd suggest just relegating it to land-only work. I have lots of lucky dog bumpers and a few have bad valves. Frankly, I've never really used the valves for much, other than making sure they are closed so the bumpers don't sink.

I have taken them before and plugged the hole with a glom of caulk. But I find it just as easy to just make it a land-only bumper.

Chris

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I ONLY buy bumpers that have no valve....they stay hard and don't have to worry about the bumper sinking, (unless the dog was allowed to chew the end off;))

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have LD bumper and most of the valves have fallen out. Definitely will sink in water. Thank God for duct tape!

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Try calling them- 425-402-8833

owned by a long time Wa. local field trialer- Pet Pros/Lucky Dog Equip....

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
If it's real bad just keep around for a land only/fun bumper. I have several without valves and they don't sink so it's not a real problem unless there's a big hole chewed where the valve was. If you want to seal it, get some stuff called Lexell. It's a clear silicone type caulk that sticks to everything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dogs go to great efforts to pull all the valves out of the bumpers.. i gave up and just dont put them back in... the bumpers dont sink that fast.. lol

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Ive got many bumpers that are missing their valves, and I use them on the water frequently. They really arent that prone to sinking with the valve missing

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Most of my bumpers do not have the air valve on them. I have never felt like I needed to add weight to the bumpers to get the distance retrieves I wanted. This particular one I purchased because my pup has started to carry the bumper like a cigar. I was going to fill it part way with water to see if that would make it uncomfortable to carry it like that. Oh well, I guess I will have to plug this bumper somehow and get me a new bumper to work on the cigar hold issue.

Mike McArthur

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
.... I have never felt like I needed to add weight to the bumpers to get the distance retrieves I wanted. .....Mike McArthur

I thought the valve let water in to let them float low, not stick up like a fishing bob. I never buy them myself. Some idjuts have left one or two, now and again, in my truck. So of course I put my color rope on um.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I ONLY buy bumpers that have no valve....they stay hard and don't have to worry about the bumper sinking, (unless the dog was allowed to chew the end off;))
So you only use Avery bumpers or is there another brand out there without a valve(that doesn't feel like a brick)?

·
Registered
868 Posts
My kids left out one of my Lucky dog plastic bumpers last night and my pup polled the air stop valve out. Needless to sat I have no idea where the valve is now. Is there a way to replace the valve? I have been looking online for Luck Dogs home page to see if I could get an extra air stop valve but have been unsuccessful so far. Any thoughts or suggestions that I could do to fix the bumper? If not I guess I could always use it on dry land or file the valve with glue to make it air tight again.

Mike McArthur
I do!!:eek:

Check your pups stools over the next few days.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts