Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have info on how to put together a pedigree and what info
is needed?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Huntinglabpedigree.com is great and free, possibility of wrong info accidental and otherwise since users fill in the info. Generally once you hit a major player in your dog's pedigree you won't have to fill in anymore.

You can often fill in holes with the aid of offa.org and akc.org.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
If you have a Golden, www.k9data.com It's possible that your dog is already in the database. If you have a Lab, you can try the same address. There's less chance of a Lab already existing but you could always enter him.

If you have a Toller, www.toller-l.org/tollerdata This is a slight adaption of the same program.

Eric

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I am trying to do is generate a pedigree for a puppy I have seperate
pedigree's for the father and mother I am trying to get it altogether.
Any help will be great. I guess it would be like generating a litter pedigee.
Ed

·
Registered
834 Posts
For my own research and to show to others I have used Huntinglabpedigree.com.

Printed the Sire pedigree (used the landscape setting)

Printed the Dam's pedigree (landscape setting)

Then I folded the Sire's 8 1/2 X 11 pedigree in half. Placed it on top of the Dam's.

Took that to the copier and copied to produce one 8 1/2 X 11 pedigree of what the puppies would be.

It's not presentation grade. It will however let you look at one pedigree of the proposed puppies.

If you're more high tech than me you could always down load that same info into some publisher or word program???

Hope that helps.

Randy

·
Registered
97 Posts
What I am trying to do is generate a pedigree for a puppy I have seperate
pedigree's for the father and mother I am trying to get it altogether.
Any help will be great. I guess it would be like generating a litter pedigee.
Ed
Have you ever heard of Man's Best Friend Software?

It's a program specifically designed for Kennels. You can maintain medical records, costs, performance event records, contacts, pedigrees, and much more. One of the features is a pedigree utility. It does a nice job of formatting the pedigree, and you can choose what types of info you want displayed. It even allows for hypothetical pedigrees; if you're a breeder considering different possible combinations.

You can find it on the web. Just Google: MBF Software. The specific product name is: The Breeder's Standard.

Jeff

·
Registered
619 Posts
If the dogs are entered on k9data.com you can use the test breeding and it will populate the pedigree for you.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Purina Has a good one as well. it is a PDF that you can save locally and repopulate as needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts