RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New puppy on the way, dont care for common names.
Heres a few im tossin around.

Rebel
Beau
Copper
Dax

Feel free to leave opinions and SUGGESTIONS.
Thx

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I know several Rebels, Beaus and Coppers, but Dax seems like a pretty original and cool sounding name.
But don't you want your call name(Dax, Rebel etc.) to be related somehow to your registered name?
Colleen

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Mine will be named "Bo" as in Bo Jackson; the best 2 sport athelete in history. "Bo knows..." was Nike's most famous marketing campaign.
My "Bo" will know upland birds and waterfowl.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I want my next dog's call name to be "Gittum." Sending on marks is going to be so much fun!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pup is Dark yellow.
No im not concerned with the kennel and call name.
I just lost my Lab a couple weeks ago, so the kennel name for this one is a tribute to him. "Babyducks touch of Yager" as his name was Yager.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Bo is too much like "NO" in my book.

Slash
Ruben
Lurch
Bruce
Bones
Jaws
Ram
Crusher

I just got done naming two new pups of mine, and the above were ones I would jot down on a list whenever I had time.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Wow, some great names here! Love "Limit" and "Gitum". One that I heard and liked at a hunt test last year was "Easy".

Named my boy "Buck" and kind of regret it. It definitely fits his macho profile, but when I'm yelling his name across a field, it sounds too much like the F word and get embarrassed if other people are around to hear it. Plus, it's nice to have a two syllable name, in my opinion.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I really like 2 syllable names. My past ones have been Harry, Kansas, Scarlett, Stevie, Vesper, and Soleil. New girl coming will be Cayenne. Some of my registered names tie into my call names and some don't. I love song titles, movie phrases, and book titles as registered names.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Wow, some great names here! Love "Limit" and "Gitum". One that I heard and liked at a hunt test last year was "Easy".

Named my boy "Buck" and kind of regret it. It definitely fits his macho profile, but when I'm yelling his name across a field, it sounds too much like the F word and get embarrassed if other people are around to hear it. Plus, it's nice to have a two syllable name, in my opinion.
LOL, I thought this too in regards to the song thread. Made me think of Aerosmith's "Little Miss Funk It Up." Funk could be a problem!

Just named three male pups: Zeus, Sprig, and Posse.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Cop(like better than copper,though I had one)
Pow
Clay
TY (Touch of Yager)
Tide (red tide)

·
Registered
513 Posts
I like Beau. I had a Golden named Beau. Was the best dog I ever had. I'm picking up a black lab female in a couple of weeks and trying to pick a name. Have it narrowed down to Bailey and LEAH (my daughters names are Lindsay, Emma And Hannah).

·
Registered
952 Posts
When naming your dog, look at your list of common commands. Don't name your dog anything that sounds like a command, ie, "mac" sounds too much like "back". JMO

·
Registered
614 Posts
My son's last male was named Drake's Dee Oh to the Double Gee, call name "Dogg"

Lonster

1 - 20 of 36 Posts