RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out with the dog this evening and when we got back I had a tick on me, still not sure about the dog it's hard to see black ticks on a black dog. Whats April showers going to bring? we already have flowers up. Just thought I would give a heads ups that the ticks are out in Michigan.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
They're out here in IL, too.
My vet told me that any time it's over 38 degrees the ticks are active.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
You keep those ticks down your way Rich. We haven't seen any of the critters yet, and thankfully don't seem to have the problem in our neck of the woods - yet.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I got bit by a tick last weekend in Missouri

·
Registered
377 Posts
You keep those ticks down your way Rich. We haven't seen any of the critters yet, and thankfully don't seem to have the problem in our neck of the woods - yet.
Well since you're in Howell take note, I caught one o' dem buggers tryin' to get down my back on Tuesday at Bald Mountain in Lake Orion, MI.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
They've been out for the past 10 days even up this way. I normally start applying Frontline in mid April to get them ready for the onslaught, but this freaky spring has just been wierd.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
We did not have much of a winter here in Ontario. I suspect the problem to be big this year as the bugs can get a good head start with the weather we are having!!! Been checking my dogs frequently during and post training.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am a land surveyor in Alabama and they are worse here this year than I have ever seen. I have already pulled 6 off of me that were "sunk in" and have got no telling how many off that were just crawling. I am working in what i call "tick" areas. I found the first one late February. I probably didn't pull but 10 or so "sunk ins" off all last year. My wife says I have a lot more ticks than our dogs ever have. She asked if I would mind giving myself a dose of ivomec once a month. :) :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't know about up North, but down here they're out. Pickin them off of me and the pup everyday we head to the field. Time for some advantix!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.