RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark,

Sorry your thread got uglied up. It had to get pulled, which is really a shame.

Good luck to you and Trap! Have a great weekend.

RTF users - it is supposed to be fun. :cool:

Chris

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Yeah, I really didn't get that one.

Have fun Mark, you have a nice looking dog, and seems like you will be enjoying the whole experience to come.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
WTH is that the thread thanking Lee for her help with a started dog? How could that have gotten derailed? Was it the thread saying he was over his head? H$ll we've all been over our head.

Lee's a class act. I only read the original post and maybe two replies but how the heck could it have turned into a train wreck?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Mark, the whole idea of RTF as I have learned is to share with others our love of the dogs and our pride in the accomplishments of their collective training / testing / competing, as well as to learn what we can from those who are willing to share their experiences and opinions. As our buddy Chris pointed out it is supposed to be fun, why would we do this otherwise? Good luck and have fun with your hound! You will make friends with people from all over and learn as much as you are willing to give as well.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
What'd I miss!!??

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
WTH is that the thread thanking Lee for her help with a started dog? How could that have gotten derailed? Was it the thread saying he was over his head? H$ll we've all been over our head.

Lee's a class act. I only read the original post and maybe two replies but how the heck could it have turned into a train wreck?
That's what happens when children fail to grow up. been a lot of that here lately.-Paul

·
Registered
102 Posts

Someone truly got their shorts in a wad, and I'd bet they got a serious vacation. Got ugly.

Good luck Mark; as previously mentioned, most of us have been in over our heads before...enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Mark, let all the other stuff slide. I did a doubletake when I saw you post that now you were interested in running some tests! We will be gone for a couple of months, but if there is anything at all I can do for you, just drop me an email or pm. Being over your head is what drags you into this place. Enjoy every moment of the ride!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
That's what happens when children fail to grow up. been a lot of that here lately.-Paul
Isn't that the truth?

Good luck Mark and don't forget to have fun and enjoy the dogs and ignore the babies.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Been working way too much this week, and still made time to work with trap. He's been retrieving/swimming twice in the week we've had him so far. Been 3 doors down at the park every evening doing singles, and doubles, and my wife brought out her 20 gauge Wednesday evening and fired off some rounds, then tossed a dummy from the off side if the truck, about 30 yards away. Trap didn't flinch at distance.
I'm trying to get an mo out for the lardy dvd set, but work is keeping me til after the po closes. So carol, soon as work slows down, and we both have time, maybe we can get with chuck, and you pros can help me with some training tips.
I got water up here !

If you still have my number, feel free to call anytime.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Someone truly got their shorts in a wad, and I'd bet they got a serious vacation. Got ugly.
Dude, this is RTF. The most innocent of threads turn into the ugliest dogpile you've ever seen.
The BEST things about all of this is that The Janitor has flushed the GARBAGE down the COMMODE.... :) Good job, Janitor!

And good luck, Mark. If you're enjoying your dog, that's all that matters. Everything else is gravy....

k g

·
Registered
882 Posts
Thank you. I am enjoying my new best friend. We just got back from the pond. Got off early today. Only 87 hours this week !
Got so many compliments on how good looking trap is, and he did a triple retrieve !
Nothing special for most of you, but it sure brought a big smile to my face, and a lot of praise and hugging a wet dog.
Never had such a dog. He is kinda skitttish around people, and especially kids, so that means he just needs more time out and about. He still hangs right to my left leg. He sure has bonded to me. When he does wonder off a lil ways to sniff or pottying, he constantly checks on me. I sure do like this dog !

G

·
Good Luck Mark (i missed the whole thread thing) but I would agree with whats been said before have fun and enjoy your dog!

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The BEST things about all of this is that The Janitor has flushed the GARBAGE down the COMMODE.... :) Good job, Janitor!

And good luck, Mark. If you're enjoying your dog, that's all that matters. Everything else is gravy....

k g
Don't give me too much credit. In this case, the guy who rained on the celebration asked to be deleted. Wish granted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts