Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working with my 6 1/2 month old BLF doing marked singles in 8-12 inch grass at about 50-75 yards with real birds. She's doing quite well, but would like any advice on how to refine her skills besides practice. It seems like she'll "nail" a few, and then she'll "blow" a few. It may be the set-ups, a visability issue a coupple of times, I guess she's not 6 ft tall. But I'm looking for a more accurate mark, not a 8 foot vacinity, "sniff","sniff", I got it. Am I asking too much at her age?, and is 7 months too young to CKC hunt test?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lucky I guess

I'm lucky that my BLF started using her nose really early, but it seems that she'll use her nose more that relying on a solid mark. This brings me back to my original question on marking drills. Don't get me wrong she's fun to watch work in a light wind with her nose down tail up and that sharp turn when she gets the strong scent. I love watching a good hinting dog work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.