RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
9,637 Posts
Steve Amrein said:
I am not sure if it sad or ridiculous that someone that has had such a positive impact on the sport as Mitch and Linda even have to respond to Marvins site.

I am looking forward to seeing all the folks at the trial. I will try my very best to do a good job. At the very least I will bring a compass so I know the direction the sun sets. It should be fun.
Steve----

Prior to sounding off why don't you find out what happened?

Mitch Patterson contacted me by e-mail stating his record was not right. I responded by e-mail that whoever filled out their entry forms was not identifying the handler.

The handler could have been Mitch, Linda, a DH &/or a Pro. but I was willing to accept his word on who the handler was if he sent me a letter by USPO signed by both he & LInda which included Trial, stake, date & handler. I know the dog did something, I just have no way of providing handler credit. There was no response. Mitch has stated on this post that there will not be a response, he also says that I am wrong. Steve, you took Mitch's side, now you can explain to me where that is my fault?

Everyone is just a judge ID & a name on ftretrieverjudge.net. Individiuals fill out their own entries to trials, AKC APPROVES the judges & ftretrieverjudge.net posts their record in competition on the APPROVED page of the website. Again, AKC APPROVES the judges & ftretrieverjudge.net posts that individuals competitive record. IT'S THAT SIMPLE!!!!!

You've tried to make an issue of giving back to the sport by judging on previous posts. You're going to be judging the Open ALL-AGE stake this coming weekend @ Midwest RC. I wish you all the success in the world!! Given that you & your Co-Judge have similar competitive records in the All-Age stakes who will you turn to if you have a difficult situation arise? That's quite a responsibility!!

It's just the 2 of U & the Rule book!!!

Marvin S

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
itilii said:
I was willing to accept his word on who the handler was if he sent me a letter by USPO signed by both he & LInda which included Trial, stake, date & handler.
:shock: :lol:

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
You'll have fun figuring out my stats as I'm judging under my married name now and ran my dog's derby career and the majority of Quals under my maiden name.....

FOM

·
Registered
49 Posts
John,
I never write on this RTF. I read it but...
I just read that "Marvin's List". How long has he been on a judge's selection board? Is it more than 15 years? Has he had to beg people to judge time after time? Year after year? Has he had to pay back the favor with his own time because when you ask someone to judge they expect you to return the favor? What club is he in charge of getting judges for? I am guessing that club has perfect judges.
If he thinks the Judging Pool is so big...then let me know what he thinks after 15 years, twice a year, finding and asking people to judge. Until then don't "preach" to people who do that job. They are doing the best they can and unless you want that job for more than one or two years, just say "thanks".
Thanks for judging for us at Linc. Trail.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
An example - A high volume poster & self anointed expert on this site had a dog that attained 44 Open ALL-AGE points. with 1 placing as Owner-Handler - My database tells me that person showed up on Saturday morning to take his dog off the Pro's truck. The database shows more than the website.
How is it it possible that your database tells you that? And on the statistically remote chance that it can, doesn't that throw ALL of your OWNER data into question? Can you DOCUMENT your findings with actual PROOF rather than your single-minded opinion?

It could be that that ONE OAA placement was the ONLY OAA stake that person ever handled that dog in. Did that Open start on Saturday, Marv? And I suggest that you be careful about putting into writing what you think you know, as opposed to what you can legally confirm.

Be very careful, Marv.

Mitch Patterson wrote:

MS,

We emailed and my follow-up was, and is, expressed by my no-further response to you. I offered some of my thoughts, you chose to ignore. It was your choice.

Although I read RTF daily, I post infrequently. I posted here because you’re wrong.
Then you shouldn't be surprised by what you read, Mitch...and thanks for posting up. That info on Linda was the coup de grace! :lol:

kg

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
K G said:
An example - A high volume poster & self anointed expert on this site had a dog that attained 44 Open ALL-AGE points. with 1 placing as Owner-Handler - My database tells me that person showed up on Saturday morning to take his dog off the Pro's truck. The database shows more than the website.
How is it it possible that your database tells you that? And on the statistically remote chance that it can, doesn't that throw ALL of your OWNER data into question? Can you DOCUMENT your findings with actual PROOF rather than your single-minded opinion?

It could be that that ONE OAA placement was the ONLY OAA stake that person ever handled that dog in. Did that Open start on Saturday, Marv? And I suggest that you be careful about putting into writing what you think you know, as opposed to what you can legally confirm.

Be very careful, Marv.

Mitch Patterson wrote:

MS,

We emailed and my follow-up was, and is, expressed by my no-further response to you. I offered some of my thoughts, you chose to ignore. It was your choice.

Although I read RTF daily, I post infrequently. I posted here because you’re wrong.
Then you shouldn't be surprised by what you read, Mitch...and thanks for posting up. That info on Linda was the coup de grace! :lol:

kg
You think he would have learned something from the rumor/opinion/gossip illustration i presented to him on WRC, but apparently the concept of proof and facts is lost on him. But it did piss him off enough he quit replying to me so in the end I believe I won...:)

/Paul

·
Registered
577 Posts
I just saw this thread and called up the website. I was surprised to see that I have never judged a derby or placed in a derby, although I have been doing both for over 3 decades.

Jack

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
itilii said:
Mitch Patterson contacted me by e-mail stating his record was not right. I responded by e-mail that whoever filled out their entry forms was not identifying the handler.

The handler could have been Mitch, Linda, a DH &/or a Pro. but I was willing to accept his word on who the handler was if he sent me a letter by USPO signed by both he & LInda which included Trial, stake, date & handler. I know the dog did something, I just have no way of providing handler credit. There was no response. Mitch has stated on this post that there will not be a response, he also says that I am wrong. Steve, you took Mitch's side, now you can explain to me where that is my fault?
Marvin S
Logic rivaled only by the U.S.Gooberment. How and the hell is it anyone's responsibility to correct your half-baked logic?

This is the pinnacle of self-importance. :roll:

·
Registered
8,908 Posts

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
...now you can explain to me where that is my fault?
You have stated MANY times that your website is "accurate and correct." YOUR words. Now, you've shown proof both on this post and elsewhere that credibility is NOT your primary concern, yet you say you're "accurate and correct" with the info on your site. Two folks here....two VERY credible long-time-in-the-field-with-credentials-out-the-ying-yang individuals....have displayed YOUR errors....yet you say it's up to them to do YOUR work for YOU?????

Well said, Patrick.....well said.... :?

kg

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
It is an impossible task! I judged over the last weekend with a "older man", I am early Social Security Age and he is about 20 years older.
This older guy was asked how many he had judged and he thought about 120. He shows 47. I am listed as 17. He has had many titled dogs and those on the Derby list. The records are so inaccurate it would be next to impossible to track down all the co-owners, all the former owners, all the former co-owners, all the dogs that were run by someone other then listed on the offical premium. Perhaps from this day forward! without a "past" would be where to start. Having said that the "road to hell is paved with good intentions ". Six Derby list dogs, a couple of titled dogs, dogs that were "passed on" to new owners, with all-age placements, dogs that had all-age placements that were not titled, etc, etc in my case are not listed in the stats? also.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
I think I like this database, because it will most likely let me off the hook from putting myself in the hot seat for a LONG LONG time, maybe forever, for being unqualified.

Sticking to the gun stations regards...

·
Registered
9,637 Posts
People SEE what they want to SEE -- HEAR what they want to HEAR -- & BELIEVE what they want to BELIEVE. When Columbus went sailing to find a new route to India MOST people thought the world was flat & his ships would sail off the edge at some point.

Earl

If you take the time to read STATUS you would know that records are only complete for judges to about Z7500!! Those judges who have been around longer will have incomplete records. They will eventually be completed. If you read the APPROVED page you would know who receives no handling credit at this time.

To whomever

Access to Fort Lewis is covered by government regulation:
UNAUTHORIZED ACTIVITIES FOR FORT LEWIS MANEUVER AREA

7) Commercial activities conducted for profit ---------- including dog training for reimbursement. [end of Quote]

I am only asking that the government enforce their own regulations!!!

Your postings tell a lot about yourself!! They say that many of you have closed minds or they say you are doing your utmost to protect yourself from what you believe is a threat to your own personal interest. Fortunately, there are less of you rallying around that position than you would like so you just increase the volume & personal attacks!!

Marvin S

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
itilii said:
People SEE what they want to SEE -- HEAR what they want to HEAR -- & BELIEVE what they want to BELIEVE. When Columbus went sailing to find a new route to India MOST people thought the world was flat & his ships would sail off the edge at some point.

Earl

If you take the time to read STATUS you would know that records are only complete for judges to about Z7500!! Those judges who have been around longer will have incomplete records. They will eventually be completed. If you read the APPROVED page you would know who receives no handling credit at this time.

To whomever

7) Commercial activities conducted for profit ---------- including dog training for reimbursement. [end of Quote]

Your postings tell a lot about yourself!! They say that many of you have closed minds or they say you are doing your utmost to protect yourself from what you believe is a threat to your own personal interest. Fortunately, there are less of you rallying around that position than you would like so you just increase the volume & personal attacks!!

Marvin S
Hypocrite I believe is the word for this behavior. You expect the military to worry about dog training instead of the war they just happen to be engaged in, yet you will post totally inaccurate slanderous data. Too bad you can't live up to the same standard you expect of others.

/Paul

·
Registered
600 Posts
itilii said:

Earl

To whomever

Marvin S[/quote[
Marvin keep it up and the fort will toss all of us out
NO one is in your way out there there is thousands of acres out there to train on. Cant you just get along

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
WTF!!!!!!!! I came back to this thread after about 2 days and they are talking about activities on a military installation. What the h*ll does any of this have to do with determining judging qualifications? As a total newbie, I would love someday to have the ability to set up tests and judge as a thank you for those that go before. But you know what, I dont have a fkilling clue! So I have to trust those that love the sport to do their very best to show me what to do. Lets dont get off on these crazy tangents that I can not learn from or share in. Lets train dogs.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts