RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Would you support the creation of a 4th AKC HT stake, above and beyond Master level

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
MH is enough for a hunting dog.

If someone needs more, go run FT.

Joe Miano ? who doesn?t think change is always a good answer and regularly thinks status quo is good enough.

·
Banned
3,787 Posts
I voted no....

The formula already works. Stop screwing with that part.

How many dogs that have MH titles have you seen that could not be a suitable hunting companion? Only a few in my opinion. That is what the HT program is about.

If people want a title and more and more stakes time to move on to FTs.

The MN event is great for those that want to attend but we really don't need more stakes at the weekend test. Move onto the Q if you want a MHX title.

MAYBE that is what should be done...those dogs with MH titles and have jams (or places in the Q) GET a new title. Doesn't that cover all the arguments for those wanting "competitive" titles in the HT world and those wanting a QAA title?

WRL

·
Registered
162 Posts
subroc said:

If someone needs more, go run FT.

Joe Miano ? who doesn?t think change is always a good answer and regularly thinks status quo is good enough.
DITTO!!!!

Reo

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
subroc said:
Heck Joe, a lot of folks think a SH is more than enough hunting dog.

That doesn't satisfy the ever evolving quest for "more" that many seem to have. Human nature.

Shayne, I agree the Q would be a similiar equivalent, but it's a different venue that some folks don't care to cross over to. JMPerception.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Master Hunter Title says it all, if another step is needed move up to FT.
Marty

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Shayne Mehringer said:
They already have one... it's called a Qual!
Give that man a cigar!.... Or a pretty woman! :wink:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Yes. It's not about the title, it's about another ring to reach for if you've achieved MH and don't look good in white.
What is so magic about the number 3?
JS

·
Registered
942 Posts
I voted "No!"

If folks want "more" all they have to do is get some testicular fortitude and run the Q. Of course...they might not take home a pretty ribbon every weekend, but when they do, it will be well worth it.

Regards,

Joe S. - who thinks a pretty ribbon in the Q comes in blue, red, yellow, white or green!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quoted from JS on another thread :
It's still a non-competitive event. We've just established an "upper limit", so to speak, on the master requirements like Jr and Sr (some might say we've preserved the MH requirements as they were originally intended) and upped the ante for the MHX.
The Master National now becomes the MX National for those who want to go there. We've sorted out all those mediocre dogs that so many say shouldn't have passed, solved the numbers problem (if there is one) and in the process we've preserved the MH for the guy who just wants to go out on weekends and get his MH title by performing to the standard.
Must say, it sounds very convincing and a logical next step to ME.

No more mini-FTs to complain about.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Joe S. said:
I voted "No!" If folks want "more" all they have to do is get some testicular fortitude and run the Q.
YES! He shoots, he scores! 8)

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I voted yes, and I ALREADY run the Q and all the rest of them.
BTW A jam at a FT is like kissing your sister :wink: If you think you and your dog can't win on a given day ,your not ready .So save your money.
john

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
A jam at a FT is like kissing your sister
I don't think so John. I still remember that first greenie in an amateur. I was on cloud nine! I FINISHED an all age stake!!! :eek:nfire: :eek:nfire: :eek:nfire: I didn't finish another one for a year either. :grab:

Now I admit with Tracker after his 4th year an all age greenie wasn't what I was after. When I got them it wasn't quite like that first one but it still gives a sense of accomplishment. Finishing is better than going out.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
john fallon said:
BTW A jam at a FT is like kissing your sister
I am with Howard on this one. There are times when getting a JAM is pretty darn wonderful.

And it's like kissing your sister - IF she's UMA THURMAN

·
Registered
93 Posts
I voted no, mainly because of how difficult it would be for a club to add another high level test on a given weekend. It would be way too much for many clubs, and would probably negatively affect the other tests.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Never work at a weekender. Besides what else do you want a Master dog to do????

tom

1 - 20 of 91 Posts