RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been asked at one point or another. I am thinking about entering in a Master in 2 weeks and I am trying to find out what I can expect. I have seen the rule book, so I have a general idea. What were some set ups that you have come across; easiest to hardest? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
a land series, a water series, and a land water marking series a land blind and a water blind, one of which will be a double blind.

If your dog can...
check down for a short bird after running long; run long after picking up a short bird ignoring the old falls and scent; run a two down the shore; swing wide to other guns in an open set up; run tight to old falls and guns in a tight set up; take honest lines on long water entry marks and blinds; stay in the water on a down the shore water blind; get on and off points cleanly with an on shore wind and other distraction such as gunner, old fall, scent, or poison bird drawing the dog to dirt; sit quietly and steady while on honor; honor remotely; do a walk up where the 1st bird is thrown within 30 or 35 yards with no noise; heel to line without excessive commands.

And if you,
Take your time; give the dog a chance to refocus before sending for the 2nd and 3rd birds in a multiple; slow down when handling make sure the dog is looking at you; need to handle on a mark, handle before your dog gets in an unrecoverable situation; shoulder the gun; don't talk to the dog until the judge calls your number.

You'll be fine. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts