RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cappy's been gone for almost two months now and I'm still struggling to get used to life without him at my side. Carol always called him my "yellow shadow" and he was just that for the thirteen years he spent with us as a very much loved member of the family. A friend and frequent hunting companion who knew Cappy well sent us a 2/3rds life sized statue of a yellow Lab.

In 2008 we had a lightning strike in the oak grove near our home and we lost a 100 year old post oak as a result. After I cut down and removed the tree, the stump became a favorite "de-watering spot" for Cappy and he rarely missed an opporunity to stop by there whenever in the area.

We thought that might be a fitting spot to place his memorial statue.

Rusty & Remi came out to take a look and they sat there for a few moments as if trying to communicate with their big brother. I'm sure they miss him a lot, too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm thinking no one has replied yet because they all have the same gut wrenched feeling I do right now.

So sorry for the loss of your buddy.

Mike

·
Registered
234 Posts
Cappy looks just like my Harry, who we lost last summer. Still have an empty spot but a new pup has helped. Some dogs will never be "replaced" though. Great pics and nice trubute! Oz

G

·
He was a wonderful dog and I know how much you miss him, I'm so sorry. That s a great Memorial to him. I lost my Dusty a year ago and I miss him as much now as the day I lost him People say it will get easier I hope so. I love how your other dogs are looking at him , my Bear goes to the urn where Dusty is as if to say I know your in there now get out lets go play. If you ask him where Dust is he will turn his head and look at his urn. Its sad they miss them as much as we do.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Very nice tribute.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
I'm thinking no one has replied yet because they all have the same gut wrenched feeling I do right now.

So sorry for the loss of your buddy.

Mike
Yup and can't see the darn keyboard...love the picture of Carol and Cappy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts