RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Golden puppy just placed in a home in Estell Manor, NJ.

The pup was purchased for agility competition, but he is very birdy and also loves water.

The pup's trainer will be a remarkable young man of 13, who has a gift for working with dogs. He qualified for the World Team competition in agility with a Cavalier this past year. His mom's father once raised field-bred English Setters, so there is some interest/curiosity about the field aspect of the pup.

This would need someone who has the patience to deal with a training perspective from agility, where there is almost no correction. I'd be willing to bet that this young pup could do a JH and/or WC even without force-fetch. Just doing that could be a great introduction of this nice young man to further an interest in field work.

If there is someone out there near Estell Manor who might enjoy mentoring such a nice young man, please email me directly ... I let my PM box fill up on purpose :) as direct email is simpler. My email address is shown in my signature.

·
Registered
632 Posts
can he throw birds;)

·
Registered
9,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's a tall, strapping fellow ... he actually looks more like 15. He's also bright and very polite. A really nice kid.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Find out who trains at Hank's these days which is 20 miles away in Winslow. Who knows, they may take a dog savvy kid under their wings.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Find out who trains at Hank's these days which is 20 miles away in Winslow. Who knows, they may take a dog savvy kid under their wings.
WOW what an opportunity that would be for a young kid!!

JS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts