RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They were down in Cairo, GA training at Cedar Hill Retrievers (David Barnes). I was actually coming out to check on my pup that is with David. Pulled in and saw alot of Dog rigs and people and thought "lots of guys out here today' Got out of the truck and lo and behold, stepped into the Big Time. Andy and Paul were very nice, said to come out with them anytime while they are wintering here. Saw some very impressive dogs running. Very helpful guys willing to answer even my relatively novice questions. Jim VanEngen winters here also and he has been very friendly whenever I see him. Impressive that these big name guys are so down to earth. Motivating day to say the least.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I have heard more than one FTer say that Andy's truck was overall stronger than Lardy's last year.

And Paul Sletten has shown himself to be the hottest young handler in the nation right now. Look at what he accomplished at the National.

Here in Illinois we get to see both quite regularly.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Re: AA

Keith Stroyan said:
Only met him once (when judging a Q), but Andy's a class act. I always read his HRC magazine article first. (Sorry Ms Slingshot, but I do read your's second... ;-).)
Wow Keith, what a cruel thing to say to our newest author/dog-trainer. I'd never allow you to get away with beating up on Miss Vickie.

UB...I know you would have come to her rescue Jer, but I was in the neighborhood.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts