RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dearest Board Members -

An era in the life of our family has come to end.

This afternoon at 5:30PM my Darling Bride's bestest dog and my very good friend, Ivy, left us. Cancer had reached a point in her almost 14 year old body where to keep her tender, oh so sweet and loving spirit with us any longer would have had a profound negative impact on the quality of her life. It is little comfort at this moment to know we did what was right.

With the exception of a brief period of time, Debbie was Ivy's constant companion from the moment she was born. Ivy was a pup from our foundation girl, Fizzy, and FC AFC Westwind's Bold Tiger. Ivy had the eye for the big game, which she demonstrated at a NAHRA trial in Ohio where she retrieved a bird thrown in another stake some 300 yards from her line. Of course, she was disqualified, but it was one hell of a mark and we speak of it often. I will not burden you more tales of her retrieves, but know that there are many.

Ivy was was loved to the very last second of her time with us and will be missed more than my words can say.

Run Free, Big Dog.

We'll Miss Her Forever Regards,

Joe S.

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
Joe and Debbie,,,, I'm soooo sorry.. It will take a Long time for the pain to ease... Lordy don't I know.

So sorry big guy....

Angie

·
Registered
652 Posts
Joe S. said:
Dearest Board Members -

An era in the life of our family has come to end.

This afternoon at 5:30PM my Darling Bride's bestest dog and my very good friend, Ivy, left us. Cancer had reached a point in her almost 14 year old body where to keep her tender, oh so sweet and loving spirit with us any longer would have had a profound negative impact on the quality of her life. It is little comfort at this moment to know we did what was right.

With the exception of a brief period of time, Debbie was Ivy's constant companion from the moment she was born. Ivy was a pup from our foundation girl, Fizzy, and FC AFC Westwind's Bold Tiger. Ivy had the eye for the big game, which she demonstrated at a NAHRA trial in Ohio where she retrieved a bird thrown in another stake some 300 yards from her line. Of course, she was disqualified, but it was one hell of a mark and we speak of it often. I will not burden you more tales of her retrieves, but know that there are many.

Ivy was was loved to the very last second of her time with us and will be missed more than my words can say.

Run Free, Big Dog.

We'll Miss Her Forever Regards,

Joe S.

Joe - I'm so sorry for you and your bride's loss of Ivy. And telling wonderful stories of wonderful retrievers is never a burden to this board. Tell more, if it helps. I'd love to hear them.

Condolences, Lydia

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Joe I am so sorry. It is never easy to say good bye to our best friends. I am sure Ivy left behind so many memories that you will never be without her.

Andy

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Joe & Debbie-

I am so sorry for your loss of Ivy. The wonderful care you take of your dogs is only too evident by the length of their lives- even though we humans feel it is way too short.

Know that she is now back with Raider, and they are now in charge of the hunt tests, where their "rules" are the only ones that matter.

God Speed Ivy. May all Your Marks be Flyers, May all Your Blinds be Lined. (An Irish Retriever Blessing).

·
Administrator
3,871 Posts
Oh, Joe.....please give Deb a hug from me and tell her my thoughts are with her. I know this is a tremendous loss for her and you.

Hugs,
Vicky

TOGETHERNESS

Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way you always used to. Laugh as we always laughed at the little things we enjoyed together.

Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be the household word it always was. Let it be spoken without effort.

Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is absolutely unbroken continuity.

Why should I be out of your mind because I am out of your sight?

I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near just around the corner. All is well. Nothing is past; nothing is lost.

One brief moment and all will be as it was before -- only better, infinitely happier and for ever -- we will all be one together with Christ.

Carmelite Monastery
Tallow, County Waterford

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss Joe.

Hang in there.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Your comfort now comes from knowing she's not suffering, but it's little consolation.

Your comfort down the road will come from the memories she gave you both in that all-to-short time she spent in your lives.

Godspeed, Ivy......

kg

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Joe & Debbie,

I'm sorry for your loss of Ivy.

Remember her often, and smile.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ivy's Spirit and memories will always be within yours and Debbies heart.
Stay close to them and let them enlighten your path....

Best Wishes,

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Joe,
Very sorry to read about Ivy. And stories about epic retrieves are never boring! Condolences to you and Deb and family on her loss.

Your friend, Julie R.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The way you remember Ivy will keep her forever alive in your heart.
I'm sorry you lost your friend.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Dear Joe,
My heart breaks for you and Debbie. I am so very sorry for your loss of Ivy.
You are in my prayers.
Take Care,
Becky

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Joe,

I'm so sorry to hear this. Not a doubt in my mind that Ivy knew every second that you & Deb loved her measure for measure the way that she loved you. I just bet her life was not only filled with accomplishments, but a sense of humor-that's in evidence in how you saw the joie de vivre in that long retrieve & not the being out of the running.

Hugs to you both 'cause it hurts like hell when they have to go.

M

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
:( :( :(

john

·
Registered
844 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about Ivy. Your tribute to her was wonderful. She knew how loved she was.

Truly wish I could make it better or easier,

Sondra

1 - 20 of 32 Posts