RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In regards to Mr. Lardy's TRT progam, how in depth does it go into CC and FF? I have a added a 5 month old BLF to the household that will soon start "formal" training. I am wondering if I should get the Total E-Collar Conditioning program too. I have a HR that is one pass away from his HRCH that was pro trained from FF through early transition. ( I finished his transition work, ran all tests and hunt with so I am not a complete newbie) However, I want to train her now that I can dedicate time. So I am wondering how in depth it gets for FF and CC for a novice trainer? Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm a newbie. Everyone I've talked to told me to get his CC video in addition to TRT2 and TRM. It's not expensive and I learned a lot from watching it.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
The cc DVD is very thorough and includes a great demonstration of formal obedience.

TRT2 has complete detail needed to force fetch. Some make this step harder than it needs to be.

·
Registered
28 Posts
TRT2 has complete detail needed to force fetch. Some make this step harder than it needs to be.
I think captianjack is spot on here. I was so nervous about training my dog on force fetch that I delayed it several months before I finally worked up the courage to see him through it. It wasnt as difficult as I had made myself believe and I followed Lardy's program to the letter. But my dog was delayed in training for where he should have been and I ended up sending him to a pro to catch him up. She said FF was the best training I did with the dog. So dont psych yourself out like I did. Not saying you will, but dont make it harder than it needs to be....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts