Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White Plastic Bucket

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you and your group gather for a training day and you hand someone a bunch of bumpers or birds, a starter pistol, radio and a cold can of mountain dew. Do you put it all in a milk crate or a white plastic bucket? What is a better training tool?
A bucket holds 7 bumpers, a milk crate holds 11
To sit on the bucket you need a lid or have turn it over.
To sit on a milk crate just turn in on its side and leave it full.
Buckets don't have 1 inch holes for things to fall out of.
Milk crates let sloppy bumpers and bird goo drain out.
On those Long marks, with low visibility days, the bird boy can swing the white bucket before throwing the bumper.
Milk crate disappears in the cover for retarded guns.
Buckets tip over in your truck when banshing across the field.
Milk Crates stack neatly and don't tip over as often.
Buckets are free at every construction site.
Milk Crates are free behind every convenience store, but misuse is liable to prosecution.
Buckets keep the scent of what is in them kind of contained.
Milk Crates let scent of contents drift with the breeze.
What do YOU use?

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I am a bucket guy. Easy to carry and really are free no matter how you use them. Can find them on any construction site.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Our club uses milk crates in the trailer to store the bumpers, and buckets in the field for birds or bumpers.

The buckets nest for efficient space savings in the trailer, but it's hard to find ones that don't get stuck together. The Home Depot buckets work best in this regard, but they ain't free or even cheap. Also, we've found it works really good to hose out the buckets after each training day before storing them back in the trailer. We once left a duck in one of the old buckets in the stack in the trailer, where it sat in the Florida August heat until the next training day. You could smell the trailer from miles away.

Kevin

·
Registered
844 Posts
We train in luxury. :lol:

Our Honda has more stuff on it than it should hold. Bumpers go in big canvas LL Bean bags, birds go in mesh bags, chairs are on the Honda, pistols/shells have a box on the Honda (some people forget to take them out of the bags at the end of the day if we put them in the bags), and I have my own bag (gets bigger every year) with sunscreen, notebook, magazines, nail polish (you can do your toes while in the field!), pens, ear plugs, Diet Pepsi, books, bug spray, radio, etc. Holding blinds and stick men and 2 12 shooters all go on the Honda too, along with umbrellas, blind stakes, and probably some more stuff I can't think of. :shock:

Looks like a circus, but we git 'er done! And we don't train in the rain. . .

:lol:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I get the buckets at Shipley's Donuts. They're free and have lids.

Jerry

·
Registered
652 Posts
Buckets = handles, much easier for hauling stuff.

I have gotten mine from my friendly vet'nary. They have fairly good size hospital/clinic, and also run a boarding and rehab business. Since they do mega-amounts of laundry, they buy their detergents in bulk - in handy 5gal buckets.

Also, anyone in the bakery business is a good bet too - if there's such a thing as independent bakeries anymore.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
buckets

Miss Daisey,
You do your toes while you're in the field? I am some more kind of impressed. And I thought Angie was good cause she can put on lipstick in the holding blind.
Feminine skills challenged regards,
Becky

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The lady that manages the local Target lunch counter saves the 5-gal. pickel buckets for me, about 3 per month. Don't leave the new ones in a locked up car in the hot sun if you don't like the smell of dill pickels.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Buckets here. I have a few square ones too. I get them from the laundry of a local nursing home.

BTW you can accessorize either with www.bucketboss.com

They used to have some products in camo but it appears that they don't carry them any more. Maybe if everyone would request that they do They would start doing it again!

Gina

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
buckets

Sam's sells laundry detergent in five gallon buckets (or pails as my Canadian friends say). Scotty and I both are manure/mud/grease/dog paw print/carrot-colored horse slobber magnets so it doesn't take us long to go through a bucket.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I use buckets that I get from the local donut shop! :shock: . I drill holes in them to allow water to drain out and to disipate the suction the always gets the buckets stuck together. :evil: .

use as seats, markers for sight blinds, etc.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I use milk crates for bumper storage in the truck. For going out into the field I put a chair over my shoulder, popper pistol in my pocket, and birds and/or bumpers in a gunny sack. Lots of times with bumpers, I'll just carry them by their ropes. I can hold up to about a dozen bumpers by their ropes.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
buckets

But where do you carry your nail polish?
Still trying to figure this all out regards,
Becky

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
We normally use 4 wheelers to train as well but use milk crates full of bumpers if that helps. As for grooming, I'll stick with my pocket knife to clean the dirt from my finger nails.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I bet we can turn this into a "trick the dog" thread.
Since most dogs are used to buckets, tricking them with crates will really mess them up. :p :p :p :p :p

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dont think I have used a bucket nor a milk crate either. We also use cotton Euk or Purina bags and burlap/mesh bags for the birds.

Question... is this a "southern thing"? :p

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Mike Perry said:
I bet we can turn this into a "trick the dog" thread.
Since most dogs are used to buckets, tricking them with crates will really mess them up. :p :p :p :p :p
Especially if you throw the bird to land in the crate. :twisted:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts