RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Update! Still no sightings of “Lucy”…😢 My wife & I appreciate everyone’s support in this difficult time. If anyone is reading this that has searched for “Lucy “ or is still looking for “Lucy”, god bless your heart! ❤ Hopefully my next post will be a positive one!🙏🙏

Reactions: Tobias

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
FWIW, I had a dog I was babysitting disappear when my roommate took my dogs and Josh for a run in the desert. Its worse when its someone elses dog.. We never gave up, posters for a 5-10 miile radius where we could leave them (telephone poles, a laundramat, the local cafe). Area was moderately rural. 3 months later a woman who'd seen the posters said he was living along the river next to her pasture. She was leaving out food. Couldn't find him that day, but saw him the next day when the woman feeding him saw him 6 am. I had my dogs with me when I drove out and tried to get him. He wouldn't come when I called though it was pretty clear he thought he knew me. My dogs took off, ran over to him, you could see him relax becuase he knew the dogs, and then he ran over to me and jumped up to my arms, and I had him back 3 months later. After living on his own for a while, he was very skittish and didn't trust people (I understand that's common). Moral: Don't give up! Good luck; I hope you find her soon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
FWIW, I had a dog I was babysitting disappear when my roommate took my dogs and Josh for a run in the desert. Its worse when its someone elses dog.. We never gave up, posters for a 5-10 miile radius where we could leave them (telephone poles, a laundramat, the local cafe). Area was moderately rural. 3 months later a woman who'd seen the posters said he was living along the river next to her pasture. She was leaving out food. Couldn't find him that day, but saw him the next day when the woman feeding him saw him 6 am. I had my dogs with me when I drove out and tried to get him. He wouldn't come when I called though it was pretty clear he thought he knew me. My dogs took off, ran over to him, you could see him relax becuase he knew the dogs, and then he ran over to me and jumped up to my arms, and I had him back 3 months later. After living on his own for a while, he was very skittish and didn't trust people (I understand that's common). Moral: Don't give up! Good luck; I hope you find her soon
Thanks Chuck! I truly appreciate it!🙏

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I truly appreciate the FT & HT community reaching out to my wife & I! Your support is incredible and you definitely feel our hardship…💔🙏

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Update about “Lucy”! Still no sign of her and my wife & I appreciate the support and concern of everyone that has reached out to us. We also appreciate all the friends that we have made during this difficult time…💔🙏🙏🙏

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Danny, this just breaks my heart. All the best. Prayers for Lucy.

Ted

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
Following thread . Praying for a positive end to this. A Nightmare for sure.
Mike and Diane Baker

Reactions: Danny

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
I just hope the person responsible for Lucy becoming missing holds himself accountable someday!!!
Don't disagree. Your best hope is that whoever picked the dog up takes good care of her. I would suggest
that if you chipped her you notify all the local vets, she will show up someday.

Reactions: Danny

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Don't disagree. Your best hope is that whoever picked the dog up takes good care of her. I would suggest
that if you chipped her you notify all the local vets, she will show up someday.
We have located vets & animal shelters in the area.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
It is definitely nice to have family, friends, and people we really don’t know that have reached out to my wife and I over this difficult time. 🙏❤ We both wake up every morning doing the best we can to have hope for Lucy that she will be found and also get Justice for her...💔🙏🙏

21 - 40 of 41 Posts