RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a unique breeding between a European golden with conformation lines (grandsire of this litter was best veteran golden retriever at Cruft's 2018, granddam of this litter is championed and possesses a working test certification), and American field bred golden with some Canadian and Old English hunting lines. Puppies from litters with similar pairing have possessed nice bone, heads and some field ability for pheasant, grouse, duck and geese in addition to being just overall great family companions. This is a very diverse breeding - a definite outcross with very low COI. I would not anticipate pups to be all-day field trialing hunters, however we plan to keep a birdy pup back ourselves in hopes of crossing the lines back into more of the field lines in the future.

Sire: Apulum Per Oroles (dam possesses a Working Test certification)
PennHIP Number:.36/.29
Eye clearance:OFA GR-EYE18663/51M-VPI (4/22)
Heart clearance:OFA GR-ACA4673/20M-VPI
Elbow clearance:OFA GR-EL47733M25-VPI
The sire is a great companion dog, although he is not hunted. The sire's dam has a Working test certification in addition to champion conformation titles, and the sire's full brother has the following European/World titles - 1st Males Puppy Class WDS 2018, Inter Champion, JCh HU/RO/SRB, Ch HU/RO/SRB/BA,SK, Crufts Qualification, Working test

Dam: Floden's A Night at the Roxbury
Hip clearance:OFA GR-126826G26F-VPI
Eye clearance:OFA GR-EYE16069/53F-VPI (11/21)
Heart clearance:OFA GR-CA35124/26F/C-VPI
Elbow clearance:OFA GR-EL46437F26-VPI
The dam is our family hunting dog. Like her sire, she particularly enjoys pheasant and has a good nose for tracking. She has advanced with our children through their 4-H program in rally, obedience, agility and showmanship. She has qualified for the state show in rally. NAFC FC AFC Topbrass Cotton OS FDHF is within four generations of her pedigree, along with other talented goldens.

We offer a 4-year health warranty and a "payback program" to owners who complete AKC titles or OFA health certifications. In addition to compensating owners for doing good things, this helps us assess our overall breeding program and helps us make changes as needed with our breedings. Pups come microchipped, first vet checks and vaccinations. For owners desiring Full AKC registration, pups will be individually genetics tested prior to puppy selection at 7 weeks to determine clear or carrier status (all males test, for example, if only full registration desired on a single male, or all females tested if only full registration desired on a single female). Both parents have had genetics testing to the degree we know that neither will produce a pup affected of Ichthyosis 1, Ichthyosis 2, PRA-prcd, PRA1, PRA2, DM, NCL, etc.

We are a small hobby breeder in west central Minnesota, with just two breeding females "in-house". (We also have a male siring other litters.)

Shipping is possible - we deliver in-person or can help you determine easiest way to fly out or drive in.

Please inquire about this litter at [email protected].

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tramin
If there is one name you don't want in a Golden pedigree......................
Tramin a well respected commercial kennel in Europe primarily for conformation. I know they are known for selling to most anyone in the US with money, but the sire is exactly what I want for this particular breeding and will help with diversity in the future for my lines. I do feel that the sire's owner has worked closely with Ciprian on getting what he wanted in a golden. Structurally and temperament-wise, I have been very happy with pups from this type of breeding. This is not the type I would use for hard hitting hunting or field trialing, but rather for good family companions and occasional hunting. Pups have done very well in obedience in prior litters, as well as conformation show.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts