RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was brought up today at a judges/handler seminar if someone showed up in a camo bikini top and bottom what would you do. Moosegooser/WRL thoughts?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Not if I were judging it would not....not hunting attire. COLOR does not define hunting attire......here is a shirt thank you

·
Registered
680 Posts
Not if I were judging it would not....not hunting attire. COLOR does not define hunting attire......here is a shirt thank you
So you are saying a judge has the right to tell me what I wear while hunting?

Show me in the rule book, not your opinion book, where it states the length my pants legs must be or what type of shirt I have to wear.

Either call for my birds or the committee. Your choice.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
In the words of the lovely and talented LVL- "it depends"

Some folks knickers is too tight.

Nothing goes right when yer shorts is too tight regards

Bubba

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I apologize for leaving you two out. In the words of larry the cable guy im wearing my thong tonight.... but dont get to excited it started out as boxers.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I am probably wrong to say it but I stand by it, I will ask you to put a shirt on , if you do not that is fine, but you would be quite disrespectful of the program and of your fellow testers......I would hope I never see someone lacking that much decorum....

·
Registered
12,600 Posts
So you are saying a judge has the right to tell me what I wear while hunting?

Show me in the rule book, not your opinion book, where it states the length my pants legs must be or what type of shirt I have to wear.

Either call for my birds or the committee. Your choice.
There was a time when………
I shot a limit of Canada Geese (the Vermont limit was 2 that day) with no shirt on. I was standing at the passenger door of my pick up truck changing after getting soaked.
I shot a 7 point white tailed deer with no pants or shoes on. Just socks, underwear and a long sleeve undershirt. I was in the outhouse of the family deer camp.
I shot 4 snowshoe shoe hare in swim trunks. I was hunting out of my friends hot tub on the back deck.
Proper hunting attire?

Judge the dog not the wardrobe.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Ken. Sorry I left you out also. But in the end we are judging the dog right?

·
Registered
680 Posts
I would hope I never see another judge lacking that much common sense.....

Program is about developing the hunting retriever to fulfill its intended purpose in life-hunting. Nothing mentioned about what color my toe nails have to be painted.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Hmmmmm, I seem to remember someone in Ohio coming to line in a bikini/halter top and short shorts....right, Angie??? :p

I remember the same at a late 90's NAHRA test in Western PA....by one of the mark throwers/ (aka "birdboys")

As I recall, it was not the least bit distracting to the dogs. To the handlers and one (and only one) of the judges, it was a bit of a minor/yet somehow "pleasant" distraction. Maybe both judges stole a glance. :cool:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Many years ago at an HRC test I came to line in my version of hunting attire, Khaki shirt and dark pants. This worked just fine for me on 4 continents. One of the judges insisted I leave and not return to line without camo on. That really annoyed me, but having driven a good distance,and paid my entry fee, I complied, but that was the last HRC event I ever ran.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
It was brought up today at a judges/handler seminar if someone showed up in a camo bikini top and bottom what would you do. Moosegooser/WRL thoughts?
Kiss them and make an offer for dinner and a movie.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Ya asked for Gooser's thoughts....

Well, to put it simply,,,

Id most defiantly ask her to dinner!

I mean really,,,some of the silly questions!!

Any red blooded American male that goes up to a bikini clad contestant ,spotin off the rule book about laws should just be hung on the spot.

By the way,that picture a Gooser posted earlier was taken on a NUDE
beach!

I was Way over dressed for the occation

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I am probably wrong to say it but I stand by it, I will ask you to put a shirt on , if you do not that is fine, but you would be quite disrespectful of the program and of your fellow testers......I would hope I never see someone lacking that much decorum....
You cannot be serious. Please tell me you're not serious.

All about the dogs indeed.... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts