RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has seen one of their boxes and what your thoughts were on them? Are they well built boxes, do they look good, do they do nice work? Anything you have to say would appreciated.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeller,

I bought one tail (no pun intended) end of last year (November). I am pleased with the product. I had a 2 hole with storage (stainless) box made and am happy with the quality of the box. The Hucks were good to work with band built to my specs.

I would purchase from them again. If you would like Pics of my box let me knwo and I will snap some pics and email to you.

Good Luck!

Steve

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, yes, yes to your questions. Got a 5 hole crossover from them. Great box. Didn't skimp on materials or craftmanship. Heavy duty. Large holes. Looks good to boot.

·
Registered
185 Posts
They do excellent work! I am sure that you will be pleased with whatever type of box you get from them. They are very nice people to work with and also are very good about explaining the pros and cons of different designs in the boxes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just picked up my trailer from them and love it. Check my post on the main form titled "New Toy". There are some pictures on that post. I would purchase from John and Ben anytime.

Jeff

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
ponce said:
I just picked up my trailer from them and love it. Check my post on the main form titled "New Toy". There are some pictures on that post. I would purchase from John and Ben anytime.

Jeff
What features do you have on your trailer and can you tell me how much it cost? (PM is fine)

What are the two storage boxes up front for?

Thanks,

FOM

·
Registered
9,442 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I placed my order so now I'm waiting, I have been dealing with Ben and can't say enough good things about how helpful he's been.

·
Registered
602 Posts
yellrdog,

I just placed an order with John on Monday. You will not be disappointed. I went and visited them back in November and compared them with a few others including DDlux. They do exceptional work. They will build anything you want. I sent them a sketch of a 2 hole slide in that I wanted built with water storage, side storage and top storage and a few other things. John is great to deal with. Now I just have to wait!! :D

Bill

·
Registered
218 Posts
My two hole dog box will be ready within the next week or so. Mr John Hucks has been very helpful and informative! Mountaintop has been easy to work with!!! I requested ALL the "bells and whistles" for the box.
It is a two hole box with following features; 46w x 42d x 24h, 10" bottom storage drawer, all stainless inside/out, insulated, exhaust fan, gas shock louver doors, 24" side louvered vents, jailbar style breezeway bw holes, luggage rack, 8 gallon water tank, airing light, extra safety latch on each door. I am looking very much to getting it!
I saw one from Mountaintop this past weekend and it was sharp looking and very well made. Hope this helps!?

William

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'll try. I had posted a pic on the main forum board after it was delivered. May try a search for " new box" or somthing.... I'll try too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
MTCK DOG BOXES

I've got the 10 hole trailer on their website. I'm very happy with it and their service.When I had a few minor problems, they brought in extra help ,including their dad so I could be on my way as soon as possible. What more could you want. Would I recomend them, yes. I all ready have. I wish them the best of luck.

Gary R.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Just got off the phone with Ben from Mountain Top. 4 hole topper is on order ! What a great fellow to talk to, knew exactly what equipment I had and how I needed to store it for safe riding. He even under stood when I told him I have a larger dog to fit in there :shock:
Nice guys to work with and will post up pictures when it is done.
Thanks Ben!

Margo

1 - 20 of 43 Posts