RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's official. California is going to get about 3 clicks less liberal next month. I'm moving to southern California to take a training position with Steve Raney of Raney Ranch Retrievers. I'll be heading out the middle of June and then flying back to get the bosslady in September when the youngest knucklehead goes off to college. I'll miss all the dog folks I've met over the years running tests in the Southeast, but I'm looking forward to meeting a whole new group of folks on a new circuit.
Old what's her name is really looking forward to getting back to the west coast. She was born in Cali and raised in Oregon, so most of her family is out there. She's put up with the flat land, bugs, heat and humidity of living in the South for the last 20 years, so now it's her turn to get closer to her home and enjoy some better weather and prettier country.
The first 2300-mile drive I'm making is with a litter of 24-day-old pups and the second trip will be with a couple of horses, so please say a prayer that I don't end up having more 'adventure' than I can stand ;-).

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Have a safe trip (s)!

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Matt ; you are moving to a beautiful part of the state,probably the best weather in the country for 300+ days of the year...Good luck on your move..Have a safe trip...

Tip : you might want to consider driving thru the desert southwest at night to avoid the brutal heat through West Tx> NM> Arizona

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Good luck to you! Safe journey and have fun.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Congratulations on your new position and Welcome! Safe journey to you and the cargo!

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Good luck. I love it on the left coast. Might want to by a pipe, some funky swimming trunks, sunscreen , and some goofy sunglasses. Where the heck are my emoticons?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) I'm from Seattle originally but definitely not liberal. LOL

I'm actually looking forward to getting back to training, after a year or two off. Will probably be seeing you guys at Prado some days. I'll be the short (5'2"), short-haired brunette wearing a baseball cap and working with a couple of the few "big dogs" (show type labs) there. ;) Sometimes, I even talk my husband, Matt, into coming along... he usually gets talked into involvement as a live gunner for hunt tests, "Super Singles," etc.

If you're looking at getting involved in a couple of area clubs that have training days and whatnot, Southern California is home to the Inland Valley Retriever Club (http://www.inlandvalleyretrieverclub.com/), Prado Basin Hunting Retriever Club (http://www.pradobasinhrc.com/), and Labrador Retriever Club of Southern California (http://www.lrcsocal.org/), all of whom have outstanding training days... usually once a month on different weekends? Those 3 clubs also host at least 4 of the regional hunt tests (LRCSC has a fall and a spring hunt test). GREAT group of people, many of whom are involved in all 3. :)

-Julie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts