RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Great pic! My two and half year old daughter is becomming my training partner too. She loves it big time, loves to blow the whistle, isn't the least bit afraid of dead birds or anything. She is a trooper. I will have to get some pics next time we go out.

Travis-------->really hoping Guthrie's kid doesn't try to hit on my daughter. She is way too cute for a Guthrie. (that's probably what all Ken's friends tell his wife though too). haha! :lol:

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Cute! 8)

Wow, we sure don't train in sandles out in the cow pastures of South Dakota!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Buzz said:
Cute! 8)

Wow, we sure don't train in sandles out in the cow pastures of South Dakota!
Ken declared himself "Princess of The Day", so he didn't venture into the field :wink:

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Mr Mom, got to love the tag!

Are those new twenty-four or forty-eight hour diapers you using,
Mr Mom? :wink:

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
tshuntin said:
Travis-------->really hoping Guthrie's kid doesn't try to hit on my daughter. She is way too cute for a Guthrie.
Once your daughter catches drift of this dude...........watch out!!!

Just like his old man regards,

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Ken Guthrie said:
tshuntin said:
Travis-------->really hoping Guthrie's kid doesn't try to hit on my daughter. She is way too cute for a Guthrie.
Once your daughter catches drift of this dude...........watch out!!!

Just like his old man regards,

That's what I'm afraid of! :lol:

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
Man is that a blast from my past and exactly why I got out of horses for dogs.

My 18 month old son wouldn't stay put long enough for me to ride my horses. I could put him in a playpen or sandbox,,, it didn't matter,,, he was off to find better things to do.

With retriever training I could man a gun station and have my kids sit on a blanket next to me while they playd with their toys. When I ran a dog my attention was away from them at the most 10 minutes, though I could keep one eye on them behind me when I was on the line.

It was perfect.....

Angie

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Just thought of something Ed.

Of those who participate regularly in our training group, I am the only one who has a child or children.

Start a poll...........

Of those who ran the National Amatuer last year, how many have offspring?

I think we would be very surprised by the number.

For some, a dog fills the void of no child regards,

·
Registered
374 Posts
We've got the same Graco stroller (never thought I'd utter those words...or notice baby gear)

my son is only 6 months old however, will be a bit before he throws some marks but he's petting the dogs and grabbing for my whistle!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ken Guthrie said:
Of those who ran the National Amateur last year, how many have offspring?

I think we would be very surprised by the number.

Some of us feel no void and do not have children by choice :shock:

Field trials are and have been (what Charlie Hays calls) a mature sport. Raising children and campaigning a dog(s) are pretty much mutually incompatible, it's not that field trial people do not have children it's just that they're usually grown.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
EdA said:
Ken Guthrie said:
Some of us feel no void and do not have children by choice :shock:
Thus is true and a valid choice.

Although, some may suggest that one does not experience the extreme power of love is until they have a child.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
My 3 yr. old trains with me regularly, the other day he said i want to throw a duck daddy, almost brought a tear to my eye. Then he got in the back of my dog box and threw 400 rounds of 209s on the ground.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Tulsa Slim said:
My 3 yr. old trains with me regularly, the other day he said i want to throw a duck daddy, almost brought a tear to my eye. Then he got in the back of my dog box and threw 400 rounds of 209s on the ground.
Now that sounds more like the little rug rats!!!!! :D :D

But I can't imagine what I would have done without my two.

Jerry

1 - 20 of 36 Posts