RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In honor of Mother's Day this weekend, Music City HRC is using all female judges; I think that's pretty cool. That's part of the reason I'm making the 8 hour trip to run their test (and because they put on a great test, as well).
Anybody el;se on RTF going?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I will be there. Was over at the grounds not much water.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like it's always either feast or famine there; too much water/not enough water. Anyway, it'll be fun. See you there.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Good luck Eric

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's in La Vergne, TN. But, unless you're running in Seasoned, it's full.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
30 Posts
me and the boss lady will be marshaling on sunday,finished i think,will be running in seasond on sunday..ill be the red headed guy with the hot brunette,running a yellow speed demon in seasond..we should have plenty of water i think we will also be treated to an air show,which makes things interesting when an f18 comes over just above the tree line

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm the old codger running the little brown dogs I've got 2 dogs in Finished both days.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I have judged there twice when the air show was going on. We tried to anticipate the planes so when the F 16's strafed the WMA, the handlers did not have to fight the noise for whistle stops.
Last time i judged there, was right after the big floods that really messed up Nashville. Our blind was a water blind in the AM but a mud blind in the afternoon. They were really dropping the water level and it fell a foot in just a few hours.
Usually very nice grounds but absolutely full of ticks.
Hot or not, I always wear long pants and knee boots to keep the ticks off my legs.
MP

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is tick city for sure.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Kim Smith has two flights of Started, two flights of Seasoned and 4 flights of Finished. There are openings in Started and Seasoned both days and a couple of openings in Finished on Sunday only. Right now the entries sit at 475 dogs running over the weekend. I will be there judging Finished. Get to see some ole friends and meet some folks I know from RTF so am excited. Leaving tomorrow and heading to pick up one of the other Finished judges Denise Gordy. Should be a great time. Am looking forward to it.

Everyone be safe driving over and will see everyone on Saturday morning.

Janet

·
Registered
923 Posts
We don't have very much water due to the the Corps keeping the lake levels lower than normal this year, but this is always a good place for someone to come see some tests run. COME ON OUT AND WATCH(even if your not running!) The AKC Test is also the next weekend, so we've got lots going on!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts