RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my 16 week old Boykin Pups running some double land marks for fun...Shaw is the Flash and Mojo is the sensitive little boy. These are fun retrieve and they do the same on Water and Water Re-Entries but I do not have nor am I inclined to put ANY pressure on them right now.

Shaw 35 Yard and 55 Yard

Please check out this video on vimeo http://vimeo.com/40487087

Mojo 35 Yard and 55 Yard

Please check out this video on vimeo http://vimeo.com/40492388

Robert

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Robert,
Number one, LOVE your avatar, assume it's one of your pups.

Number two, congrats on the doubles! Didn't get to see your videos yet, have an antiquated laptop, but will watch them tomorrow at my office.

It's amazing what people can do with a pup's brain - or child's for that matter - if you can teach them early in a way that makes them love it!

Good luck in your training!!

Jennifer

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Robert,
Number one, LOVE your avatar, assume it's one of your pups.

Number two, congrats on the doubles! Didn't get to see your videos yet, have an antiquated laptop, but will watch them tomorrow at my office.

It's amazing what people can do with a pup's brain - or child's for that matter - if you can teach them early in a way that makes them love it!

Good luck in your training!!

Jennifer
Jennifer

Thank you. That is my lil girl Shaw in the avatar.

I posted these just to gauge my progress as these are my first retrievers. I want to see what I might be doing right? AND more importantly....What I may be doing wrong?

Everything we do is positive and FUN right now as they are still babies. I am focusing their instinct and Puppy Energy as best I can with lots of love and praise.

I am biased of course but I think they are doing awesome. :)

Robert

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looking good! My Boykin pup will be 15 wks on Friday. I haven't gotten to doubles yet but Willis is doing well with singles. Focusing really on OB now until the adult teeth come in. Have yours begun to lose their teeth yet?

Be sure to keep us posted how your pups progress. Especially me since my boykin is about a week younger

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking good! My Boykin pup will be 15 wks on Friday. I haven't gotten to doubles yet but Willis is doing well with singles. Focusing really on OB now until the adult teeth come in. Have yours begun to lose their teeth yet?

Be sure to keep us posted how your pups progress. Especially me since my boykin is about a week younger
Thank you.....They are picking up quick.....These are my first retrievers and I'm very lucky as these 2 seem to do most things naturally.

I threw a mark across 2 little coves at my pond and Shaw retrieved on a straight line and didn't try to "cheat" by running the bank at all....I'm impressed so far.

Robert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts