RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Faith sight unseen just weeks before her 1st birthday. She was supposed to be a started dog, ready to run Senior. Against the advice of some of my dog friends, I sent a check and picked her up at the airport. She had a great pedigree (FC AFC High Tech CEO X HRCH Rascal's Chocolate Pie, MH***), and she was chocolate. I was itching for a nice chocolate female. Well, when my sweet girl arrived, she was not exactly what I had believed she would be. (Surprise, surprise, huh?) She was no where near ready to run Senior. She got her JH quickly, but I was told by my same dog friends she wasn't going to make it any further. Remember this was 6 years ago - I'm still pretty green when it comes to training dogs, but 6 years ago I was completely ignorant. My now ex husband knew even less than I did. So, Faith just hung around the house, but lord I loved that little dog. So much personality in such a small body. Fast as a rocket ship, and plenty quirky. Same dog friends told me I should cut my losses and find her a new home. Well, instead, I found the husband a new home. :rolleyes:

I remarried - to one my same dog friends that had advised against her. He really wanted to place her in a pet home. The president of my company fell in love with Faith becuase she was so obedient and such a loving thing. He offered me WAY more than she was worth. But I JUST COULDN'T DO IT. So, new hubby says if she's gonna stay, she needs to learn to play the game. Jimmy (hubby) is much more advanced than I in training and handling. So, he starts working with her. I don't know if it was the break away from it (I think her previous owner had applied LOTS of pressure), or that she liked the new hubby as much as I did. But she started clicking. Jimmy started at the beginning - back through FF and CC. That was about a year and a half ago. She took a short break from training to have a litter of pups, but she went 4/5 for SH, and ran and passed her first MH this weekend at Northeast TN.

I think I'm as proud of this MH pass as I am the first one from a dog I owned. Don't give up on them.

I sure do love that little chocolate girl. She's one of those special ones that grabs your heart and never lets go.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Congratulations Tracy !!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you get a started husband and how is his pedigree?

/Paul
Yep, he was started. And this time I verified the talents BEFORE writing the check!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great weekend in Ohio - our dogs went 5 for 5, and Faith was one of them, fiinishing up her MH Title! I'm so proud of her. She's ran really well this summer, and only failed 1 test. I wasn't even upset with her for the test she failed, it was just a really goofy and ridiculous set up. Now to get that 6th pass and qualify for MN!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Congrats on your title....nice story to read!

Chris

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats on your title and MH pass. Even bigger, I commend you for keeping your girl. They all have personalities that make them special. Titles or not would never ever thought of giving up my dogs for a "potential" better competitor. You did right by her. Best of luck......

Kent

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.