RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had a visit by a yellow, not any lab but one that laid on the bed with me and burrowed into the blankets, made noises when I scratched his ear, and when I quit he would try to get closer. He was on his way to the vet for surgery to repair an injuryy to his leg. I liked the reports on him in the past but now I can give the 2004 NFC Drake two thumbs up.

It would be hard to find a nicer dog that can do it all.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I can relate.

One beautiful Spring day several years ago, my wife's best friend and I were sitting on the grass in the shade at the Open with the most loving black Lab. He had just met her and was so happy and feeling good, he was quick to roll on his back and beg for a belly rub. Then he rolled upright, and using his muzzle flipped my hand onto his head so I would pet him. It was like he owned us.

It was NFC Eba.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Richard,

Henn Co. spring trial 04
Just got done running Walker on the water marks was watching Gary run Drake. When Drake was done he runs over to me all wet and dries himself with my pant legs. Then proceeds to roll around like a seal, not a care in the world. Neat dog.

Walker and I got a 3rd, Gary & Drake got the win.
________
Atlanta Assembly

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John
Ralph took him to Stillwater vet today and when they got there Drake didn't Show any sign of lameness but another xray showed the problem. They had just AI'ed 5 females there and they were still in the kennels and it made Drake forget he was lame.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Richard
Thanks for sharing this -- reminds us even the great ones are still just dogs who love to be patted and made a fuss over -- something they have in common with all retrievers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts