RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
The last two days seems like a lot for a 16 week old puppy. Just my thoughts on reading your posts.

Reactions: Frostyhollow

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Post a video so we can see her.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Do some fun retrieves and then do ob. Or do ob separate location without any bumpers involved. I’m going to post a video later today of my morning training. That’s what I did. We have been doing ob for quite a while but I don’t consider it formal because there hasn’t been any discipline yet other than tugging on lead.
When he gets done teething boot camp will start because at that age he should be able to handle some heeling stick discipline. And we will start force hold.
On the current video on rtf I did retrieving at training grounds and ob when I got home.
Just my two cents. Be easy on ob for a while. Teach. Keep discipline to a minimum. Remember you can take drive out but you can’t put it back in.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Stocked?

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
I didn’t read that he was at a dog park. Usually trains on COE land vicinity of lake. I think the action you took was fine. I don’t know what else could have been done.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
I had a similar incident in our neighborhood. A neighbor lost control of her mutt. It charged at Rowdy who was on a lead and a puppy at the time. I had a walking stick with me and whacked the charging dog before it got to Rowdy. It retreated.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
I'm.glad you're ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts