RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Dine traing for the day , 3 walkout blinds with no issues followed by 3 more walkout blinds way better than yesterday. The longest was about 150 yards and none can be seen from the line . I think what she was trying to tell me yesterday was that she did not want to do repeats for blinds, we shall see going to go train with Wayne tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Great spending the day with you Wayne Nutt. For those of you wondering Wayne will post up a video soon.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
"Doing some lond blinds today at my local park. 2 bumpers set out about 200 yards away , someone had put 2 barrels near each other and I ran her in between them . but is there anything else I can do to make her better? "

"Dine traing for the day , 3 walkout blinds with no issues followed by 3 more walkout blinds way better than yesterday. The longest was about 150 yards and none can be seen from the line "

"Boo and Jesse running three walkout blinds."
What did the dog learn ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
For me its to read my dog better , she doesn't like repeats as for Boo to trust me there is something out there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Today it was more blinds , 6 walkout blinds in separate areas the longest was 180 yards away. We also did 1 mark at 125 yards across the pond and onto land this was self thrown she knows sit very well. Also did 2 along the shore and had great sucess. Shes entered in a derby next month so marks are going to be used heavily for the rest of this month .

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
3 blinds this morning 150 yards for 2 of them 1 at 200+ yards. Also 150 yard mark across water and 180 yard mark on land. She wanted more but I thought it best to leave her wanting more. Loving this 58 degree weather here in Texas today!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Shes entered in a derby next month so marks are going to be used heavily for the rest of this month .
Throw marks with multiple compounding factors, many of them 250-300 yards or more.
Shoot some fliers and throw a memory bird, some tight and some wide.

Hope she gets some color.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Doing some lond blinds today at my local park. 2 bumpers set out about 200 yards away , someone had put 2 barrels near each other and I ran her in between them . I'm running without an ecollar but shes doing good. Picture to follow but is there anything else I can do to make her better? The bumpers are placed in the middle of the far shade .
#1 is a long way off from where you are right now.perhaps?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Drunkenpoacher since I train alone but the plan tomorrow is doubles with ducks at 250+ yards. She will sit where I tell her to til I get back to the line.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Drunkenpoacher since I train alone but the plan tomorrow is doubles with ducks at 250+ yards. She will sit where I tell her to til I get back to the line.
Good plan, hope you can get a flier or 2 or 3 before the derby.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Friday 2 land marks at 250 yards and 1 blind at 150 yards we did this twice. Then we went to play in the tiver.
Saturday was doubles in water still working to get better. Long work day for me today.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Today was nothing but singles 6 at 75 to 100 yards and 3 at an unknown distance, she was worn out. Since I throw my own marks she gets to rest between marks and also gets break and water before the long marks , todays session took about2 hours and 30 minutes then we went on a cooldown walk.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Just because....
Forgive me , I am a 'Heathen' from upland cover and often wet and cold.
Just so I GET it right so far! ..you had an issue with multiple blinds and barrels, had a training day with a respected member on blinds way shorter in distance than you had an issue with , and now that a 'Derby' event is looming, Marks are now prime importance and you run singles in heat , stand alone marks are easier on the handler and dog btw, especially at dawn and daybreak..that aside... how did the "sending on blinds" with the helpful member help with 'Marks at 250 yards+' like others suggested ?..really interested, because it comes across as 'all over the place'. would love to make sense of it all thanks. Hope you get ribbons!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Polimaise we have done marks for the last year , i do them constantly always retired. All I'm doing is stateing what I did today . And Wayne Nutt gave me some good tips on blind work and shes doing good , sorry for the confusion.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts