RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend and I are looking to get away from the dogs, kids, and the uncertain spring weather for a few days in early to mid May and we were thinking about Myrtle Beach. A round of golf, a couple of days on the beach, that sort of thing. Knowing all of you to be savvy travelers, I thought I'd come here to ask for any suggestions about places to stay and things to do. Most likely four days and three nights for just the two of us. Thanks!

·
Registered
234 Posts
FYI - "Myrtle Beach Black Bike Week" 2012 Dates May 25 to May 29 2012. It is crazy. I would avoid those dates. I have family retired in North Myrtle and they leave town for "Black Bike Week" each year.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI - "Myrtle Beach Black Bike Week" 2012 Dates May 25 to May 29 2012. It is crazy. I would avoid those dates. I have family retired in North Myrtle and they leave town for "Black Bike Week" each year.
Thanks, we'll stay away. Used to have a house near Laconia, New Hampshire and we also fled during bike week.

·
Administrator
3,871 Posts
My "baby" sister, Hope aka Hoppy on RTF, lives in Myrtle Beach. She owns Coastal Studios. http://www.coastalstudios.net 1301 48th Avenue North Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
(843) 444-9009

Give her a call and she can give you lots of information about where to stay and what to do. I believe she also has coupons for discounts at some of the hotels in the area.

Don't forget to set up an appointment and surprise your girlfriend with a beach photo session. Tell Hope you are a member of RTF and you will get a free photo session and a free 8 x 10!!!

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
enjoy some of the "low country cuisine" like shrimp and grits,fried green tomatoes and oyster sandwhich, Charleston she crab soup

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
enjoy some of the "low country cuisine" like shrimp and grits,fried green tomatoes and oyster sandwhich, Charleston she crab soup
I'll second that! They have some awsome grits out there.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Quote:
Don't forget to set up an appointment and surprise your girlfriend with a beach photo session. Tell Hope you are a member of RTF and you will get a free photo session and a free 8 x 10!!!

REALLLLLLLYYYYYY??????????

All kinds a things turnin in my head right now!!!

MICHAELBAKER

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
enjoy some of the "low country cuisine" like shrimp and grits,fried green tomatoes and oyster sandwich, Charleston she crab soup
You will not get those things in Myrtle Beach!!! When I lived in coastal SC, Myrtle Beach was the one place we avoided at all costs. Try Hilton Head, Beaufort or just go for the real deal and spend time in Charleston. They don't have as much white sand beach, but everything else is far better!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Don't forget to check the dates of "senior week"...when all the high school grads (and non grads) go down for the week.

Better yet, go to Charleston...much better, a lot more to do and see (no offense MB folks)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
You will not get those things in Myrtle Beach!!! When I lived in coastal SC, Myrtle Beach was the one place we avoided at all costs. Try Hilton Head, Beaufort or just go for the real deal and spend time in Charleston. They don't have as much white sand beach, but everything else is far better!
Several local restaurants in Litchfield, on Pawleys Island, have great low country food. 25 miles south of Myrtle Beach.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Try to go to Topsail, NC or Emerald Isle. Short drive and you can take your dogs to the beach. We took our dogs there for years when we lived in NC.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Several local restaurants in Litchfield, on Pawleys Island, have great low country food. 25 miles south of Myrtle Beach.
the chef that I used to work for,once had a restaurant on Pawleys Island.. he won a James Beard award for his shrimp and grits, outstanding dish..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
the chef that I used to work for,once had a restaurant on Pawleys Island.. he won a James Beard award for his shrimp and grits, outstanding dish..
I might have eaten there. I can't remember the name of the place, but it had fantastic food. I ate there 4 nights in a row.

·
Registered
162 Posts
NOT TRUE!!! There are a lot of good places to eat! And if you stay just outside the city, you have access to anything you want to do, and still have a laid back atmosphere. See some of the attractions in town, play golf (I have connections), Live music every night at the restaurants along the Marshwalk in Murrells Inlet. Very nice beaches along Surfside Beach, Garden City, Litchfield, and Pawleys Island. Just over an hour from Charleston (nice day trip). The price is right, and you have a lot of different things to do.

Mike

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
I might have eaten there. I can't remember the name of the place, but it had fantastic food. I ate there 4 nights in a row.
the chef's name was Louis Osteen, his place was [email protected] Island, he also had a place called Fish Camp...tried opening similar places here in LV but the locals here just couldn't grasp the cuisine

1 - 20 of 30 Posts