RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just in the nahra bod has voted to end the use of dfts/simulated birds in all nahra tests.Although they still have a dft committee in place to study thier future. Oh well at least it is a step in the right direction,although it may be too little too late,for some.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Yea! Rockin' good news! I hope it's not too late. As someone who runs tests as something fun to do with my dog (i.e.-don't care about the titles) I'd love to see NAHRA regain credibility because it's truly a great program for hunting dogs.
M

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I think you guys are right, but it's too bad that some near-sighted idiots had to ruin what was a joy ride for the dogs.
M

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I am surprised this was still up for discussion within NAHRA and in the BoD in particular.

The obvious question is what took them so long? Usually if a change like that takes place, it happens a lot quicker.

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
I'll re-join

I cancelled my membership in NAHRA because of the DFT issue (among others). Because of the changes that are taking place in NAHRA (big time due to Jeff Smith), and the elimination of DFTs in NAHRA Tests, my membership renewal check will be the mail tomorrow.

·
Registered
868 Posts
To little to late. It's like giving a driving test after the accident. :evil:
Our club is now 700 miles away from the closest club. Makes for a lomg weekend to run a test. :cry: We will vote in two weeks whether or not to remain affiliated with nahra. I agree it is sad to be put into this position.

H

·
0 Posts
DKR said:
To little to late. It's like giving a driving test after the accident. :evil:
Our club is now 700 miles away from the closest club. Makes for a lomg weekend to run a test. :cry: We will vote in two weeks whether or not to remain affiliated with nahra. I agree it is sad to be put into this position.
I'd say it's a slight bit more than too little.

My guess is that it was a hurculean task to pull off what happened today. Too late? Maybe for sideliners, but not for us that are willing to do what it takes, and the momentum is definitely on our side.

NAHRA has just been delivered to the members on a silver platter. Those that can't see what is going on lack the vision to help NAHRA reach its potential anyway. One man's opinion.

Hip Hip Hooray!

S

·
0 Posts
Hot Shot if you read the enire aritcle you will see they left themselves plenty of room to reneg.....They're still "evaluating" the situation...what does that mean.....I don't buy it...

H

·
0 Posts
Yea, they're more than likely pulling a fast one on everyone.

The plan? Fool ex-members and clubs into rejoining and then pull the DFTs back out. Brilliant!

Get a clue man...

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hot shot glad to see you join today and glad you chose to slam me on your first post.
As far as nahra goes I wish when I got into the game they hadn't inflicted the wounds on themselves they had and have since done. Our region was eliminated this fall due to the loss of clubs in the region.
I am going to run my dogs in HTs but I can't leave my business for a 4 day weekend several times a year inorder to drive almost 1500 miles to run in a nahra test. Sadly like I said it is no longer a viable option in this part of the country.

·
Registered
484 Posts
DKR
I don't believe it was a slam on you. I believe he was talking to Rooster.
Nothing NAHRA has done to correct this mess has convinced Rooster to appreciate what the new BOD is trying to fix. From one dog game player to another ride the ride and see where it will take you.
Dave.

·
Registered
484 Posts
DKR
I don't believe it was a slam on you. I believe he was talking to Rooster.
Nothing NAHRA has done to correct this mess has convinced Rooster to appreciate what the new BOD is trying to fix. From one dog game player to another ride the ride and see where it will take you.
Dave.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Just because there was a rule to use DFTs didn't mean you had to use them. Our club puts on one of the best NAHRA events here in S. Nevada and last year we ran into a huge problem getting birds anywhere due to the Newcastle disease and poultry bans. Anyone wanting a refund was welcomed, but most declined. Mostly birds were used and DFTs were mixed in a little to help complete some tests. This year it is back to normal with all birds. Bottom line is the dawgs don't care about politics and all they want to do is what they love. It seems like someone is trying at the top and that's good enough for me. To withhold my dawg from a nice hunt test an hour up the road due to past policies and hoopla IMO is ridiculous.

H

·
0 Posts
DKR,

It wasn't meant as a slam to you specifically, sorry if you took it that way. I apologize.

I've been watching as the NAHRA ship has been turned into the wind. All of the complainers had a part in making that happen, sometimes that's what it takes. Now that NAHRA is headed back on course the complainers need to stop or help out. Those that believe and have an investment in NAHRA don't deserve those with chips on their shoulders trying to take them down.

I applaud the efforts of those that have hung in there and contributed to this paradigm shift. Their efforts should not be minimized because of the actions of past leadership.

Again I apologize.

·
Registered
868 Posts
kjrice said:
To withhold my dawg from a nice hunt test an hour up the road due to past policies and hoopla IMO is ridiculous.
I agree Kevin. I wish it was an hour up the road not 12 to 14 each way.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
What gets me is the hype for SRS that uses DFT's, but if another body uses them it is taboo.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hotshot -

You sound like you have been around NAHRA for a while...always good to have experience.

Several on this board are part of the Former-NAHRA Member club.

What is your real name and where do you live?

Regards,

Joseph Stambaugh
Fredericksburg, VA

1 - 20 of 33 Posts