RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Admittedly, I am coming from the show game and we might do things differently. I am always amazed at people asking for help naming a new puppy. In our world, the kennel name starts the process. We almost always have a naming convention for our litters (i.e., theme, letter of the alphabet, etc.) This is for identification purposes, primarily. "Which litter is that puppy from?" "Oh, that was our Batman litter and the sire was XX and the dam was YY." In addition, we usually have a list of registered names at hand for the new puppy owners to access. We never discourage their own creativity; we just have some guidelines.

So, I am curious what most of you breeders on this forum do to identify your litters and keep track of their ongoing activities. Perhaps I am placing too much emphasis on this, but since the topic comes up so often, I thought I would toss it around.

Thanks for listening!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just picked up my puppy last Thursday, and I also just put a name game on the forum this weekend. The only guideline from our breeder was that the kennel (Old Oak) had to start the name...ie...Old Oak's Ipswich Addie.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts