RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we just brought home our new boy on Thursday. We are filling out the AKC registration papers. I had a name picked out, but I'm second guessing myself...maybe because of my male ego ;).

His call name is Teegan. He is a British lab...or if you want to get technical, of British lines. The sire is Rockenhart Voyager, an Irish Field Trial Champion. The dam is Old Oak's Ipswich Addie. Both of Old Oak Retrievers.

His registered name will start with Old Oak's ______________. I was originally thinking Old Oak's Gaelic Poet or Irish Poet. Gaelic or Irish Poet is one of the meanings of Teegan, and I also happen to be an English teacher. However, I feel like that may not be masculine enough.

Thoughts? Ideas? Does it really matter?

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

·
Registered
14 Posts
Old Oaks Seamus the Irish poet. Name him whatever you want, nobody will hold it against you if its not masculine enough. ;)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Give him time,hell name himself by his personality.
Don't worry about the papers, you got plenty of time.
it may take a week or more when we get a puppy to name it,it may have a name for less than 2 hours and we might decide that just don't fit that pup. When you go threw several names you'll find the one that just fits him. Until you find one you know fits just call him " here" !

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's definitely going to be called Teegan, but just don't know about his registered name.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Old Oak's Irish Poet gets my vote.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts