RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to these great games and in the process of training a YLF. We are really hooked on training and trying to add as much variety as possible. Is the a link that may have either diagrams, pictures or sketches of the different series? It would be a kick to see some of the amazing work the dogs did last week. Thanks.....

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Here's a photo of the 10th series of the 2012 National Amateur in Onaway, MI this past Saturday.

I added the throws, distances and water that could not be seen in the original photo on the Retriever News Blog.

I was out throwing the long retired. Although it was "just a triple", this particular set-up gave the judges all the answers they needed.

10[4].jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
For several years the great Pam (of this board) produced a package of sketches for all tests at the National. The package was sent to all finalists and judges.Perhaps she has them in an electronic form. She frequents this web site. They are not for the 2012 NARC, but good stuff nonetheless.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Hey Dan
What mark was it you threw at the National....?:p Are you a little proud to have thrown the key bird at the 10th series!!!
actually a little jealous here .....

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hey Dan
What mark was it you threw at the National....?:p Are you a little proud to have thrown the key bird at the 10th series!!!
actually a little jealous here .....
Okay... I know... :oops: I MAY have mentioned it once or twice, but it was Uber-Cool to be out there and see the dog work up close and personal, like when Pirate crashed through the brush next to the holding blind or when John Thomas's dog hit the brushed in holding blind so hard we thought it was coming down!!!

I was just excited to be able to attend and work at a National, then to be asked to throw the key bird in the 10th... hmmmm let me think about it for a bit, okay? :D

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
You can revel in it all you want, But I could not resist......:).....wish I could have been there

·
Registered
779 Posts
Dan, what software/program did you use to edit the photo?
Just MS Paint. It's pretty basic and doesn't allow editing after the fact, but it does the job.

·
Registered
181 Posts
To anyone interested, I do have copies of diagrams/sketches from nat'l am in Vermont (truly the most picturesque place), last nat'l at Montgomery, Tex and nat'l in Dover.
They take up a lot of memory but I can try to email or will send you hard copies via snail mail- contact me through the personal messages or at [email protected] and use a subject header nat'l diagrams.
The only 'fee' I would ask is that you make a donation to a local animal shelter or animal rescue program!
Pam Ingham

·
Registered
377 Posts
Chris, FOM...wouldn't this kind of stuff be a nice resource to add to RTF? A section where we could view Trial / HT pics & diagrams, not only the nationals mentioned here, but member pic contributions from club trials maybe too. Maybe a sub-forum to 'Event Information'?

To anyone interested, I do have copies of diagrams/sketches from nat'l am in Vermont (truly the most picturesque place), last nat'l at Montgomery, Tex and nat'l in Dover.
They take up a lot of memory but I can try to email or will send you hard copies via snail mail- contact me through the personal messages or at [email protected] and use a subject header nat'l diagrams.
The only 'fee' I would ask is that you make a donation to a local animal shelter or animal rescue program!
Pam Ingham

·
Registered
907 Posts
Chris, FOM...wouldn't this kind of stuff be a nice resource to add to RTF? A section where we could view Trial / HT pics & diagrams, not only the nationals mentioned here, but member pic contributions from club trials maybe too. Maybe a sub-forum to 'Event Information'?
Go to the tool bar, select Community->Albums. There is a spot for photo albums.

That might be cool if people used it more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts