RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
She is in my EE picks too - I guess I thought she had been pro trained at some point. Go Mavis and Sylvia!!!
If you consider running a few Opens with Farmer after she was an AFC training then you are correct. Also consider the 18 months of her career lost to a hyperextension carpal injury and the resulting joint damage which limits her training and conditioning. Plus she’s about the coolest dog I’ve known and that covers a lot of territory.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I am pretty certain no dog/handler playing at the top level of the game would be successful without the help or advice of a top level pro (or am) trainer.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Dr Ed as a judge what do you look for when judging a National event . Could you please educate me sir.
The best dog for that week, any thing more detailed requires far too much time and space than we have here. It is also important to understand that time and circumstances do not always allow the judges to use their best setup. We had more than forty (40) tests with variations from setup. Sadly we were not able to use our best land blind or our best land/water quad.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well my pick, Mickey, from Texas is out. Lots of great dogs left!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Seven Texas dogs remain (11,18,25,30,33,37,55), there is no shortage of home state dogs to root for. Two of those (25 & 37) are owned or co-owned by the breeder and 25 is breeder, owner, trainer, & handler.
I’m rooting for 25. The way Dan manages Luke’s manners with selection is awesome. And I think it says a lot about how great of a marking dog he is. Special animal

·
Registered
808 Posts
From the picture on the blog, does anyone have any concerns about the middle bird?

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
From the picture on the blog, does anyone have any concerns about the middle bird?
one of the test dogs winded the right bird while hunting the middle bird. The first running dog went back to the flyer area and was handled.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Lots of discussion on FB and good video of test dogs.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thank you Dr Ed , I have so much to learn with the time left on this earth. Maybe someday I will have the privilege to run a national.

·
Registered
62 Posts
18 called back to the 9th and 17 dropped in the 8th. Just checked the EE pick’em contest and the five dogs with the most number of picks (Mickey, Foxx, Clooney, Deacon, Tucker) are all out of the National unfortunately. Of the 17 remaining dogs, all but two are without a handle. Some great dogs remaining. Who will win?
Who were the 3 without a handle so far?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Who were the 3 without a handle so far?

It reads a little weird - but is correct of 17 dogs, ALL but two (or three?) were without a handle - that would be 14 or 15 clean..

61 - 80 of 105 Posts