RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many thanks to the NEFHRC for hosting a lovely test this weekend near St. Augustine.
Most fun I've had at a HRC test although admittedly I haven't run many!
Slater passed Seasoned both days, despite some shenanigans with a controlled break on Saturday's water double :) Sunday he kept his furry butt on the ground!
Harvin, my parents' dog, got two Started passes despite the Mother Of All Cheats on Sunday -- thanks judges, I hope that was entertaining.
My good friend Joan, who has never run HRC before, got two Started passes on her little golden girl Campbell, a very talented pup! Joan had double hip replacement surgery last year and the judges were very accommodating and helpful especially on the water marks which of course always seem to be down a muddy bank in Started.

The only bummer was, my mom came on Sunday afternoon and got as far as the holding blind to run her pup on the afternoon land series of Started, and since I had handled him on the water in the morning, she was not allowed to run her own dog. I had no idea there was such a rule and frankly can't figure out why they would care, especially since we are both owners on the dog! Oh well. She was nervous anyhow :)

Thanks again NEFHRC for hosting such a nice test.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and I think by virtue of the HRC point system Slater finished his SHR as he had three Started passes from a few years ago.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I judged Finished both days and had a great time, as usual. NEFHRC has a great group of volunteers who really make it easy for the judges. Gumbo got Finished and Upland passes with another handler running him (since I was judging the other Finished flight).
Furball, only 2 Started passes count toward an HR title. You need 2 Started (10 points) and 3 Seasoned (30 points) for an HR Title (40 points); or you will need 4 Seasoned passes without the Started. You should come up to Coastal Empire HRC, near Waycross, GA, this weekend and get the other Seasoned pass, and........your "title bath".:p

·
Registered
952 Posts
I judged Finished both days and had a great time, as usual. NEFHRC has a great group of volunteers who really make it easy for the judges. Gumbo got Finished and Upland passes with another handler running him (since I was judging the other Finished flight).
Furball, only 2 Started passes count toward an HR title. You need 2 Started (10 points) and 3 Seasoned (30 points) for an HR Title (40 points); or you will need 4 Seasoned passes without the Started. You should come up to Coastal Empire HRC, near Waycross, GA, this weekend and get the other Seasoned pass, and........your "title bath".:p
Sorry,I misread your last post. Yes, you have earned your SHR if you've passed 4 Started tests.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi David, thanks for help on the points --
The catalog said I had 15 HRC points (from started = 3 passes)
Plus 2 Seasoned passes this weekend (10 x 2 = 20)
Total of 35 points, so that gives him the SHR title but 5 points shy of HR?
If I had the extra dough I would have put him in Finished this past weekend too, very cute tests I think he could have handled. One of these days I will find that money tree :)

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I think only 10 points carries from Started towards HR, and you would need 3 seasoned passes plus the 10 points from Started for HR.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I think only 10 points carries from Started towards HR, and you would need 3 seasoned passes plus the 10 points from Started for HR.
That is correct.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Come on down to Coastals Test this weekend. We'll have a great time, great grounds and some good judges.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It was a great weekend! This was one of the largest tests we've hosted so thanks to all of you who came out and to all of you that helped host it. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again next weekend at Coastal Empire.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Many thanks to the NEFHRC for hosting a lovely test this weekend near St. Augustine.
Most fun I've had at a HRC test although admittedly I haven't run many!
Slater passed Seasoned both days, despite some shenanigans with a controlled break on Saturday's water double :) Sunday he kept his furry butt on the ground!
Harvin, my parents' dog, got two Started passes despite the Mother Of All Cheats on Sunday -- thanks judges, I hope that was entertaining.
My good friend Joan, who has never run HRC before, got two Started passes on her little golden girl Campbell, a very talented pup! Joan had double hip replacement surgery last year and the judges were very accommodating and helpful especially on the water marks which of course always seem to be down a muddy bank in Started.

The only bummer was, my mom came on Sunday afternoon and got as far as the holding blind to run her pup on the afternoon land series of Started, and since I had handled him on the water in the morning, she was not allowed to run her own dog. I had no idea there was such a rule and frankly can't figure out why they would care, especially since we are both owners on the dog! Oh well. She was nervous anyhow :)

Thanks again NEFHRC for hosting such a nice test.
Anney, I think that's the "one handler" rule. I didn't know it existed either until several weeks ago.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Oh and I think by virtue of the HRC point system Slater finished his SHR as he had three Started passes from a few years ago.
you have to have 4 passes in "started" for your SHR. since you only have 3 and have earned points in seasoned you cant go back and get the SHR title.BUT you only need one more for your HR so THAT IS GOOD NEWS and congrats on your passes. i need one more on my female for her HR title too. NOT trying to rain on your day:p

·
Registered
103 Posts
Had a great time also, even though we broke on both walk ups. NEFHRC put on a great test. Hope to see everyone at Costal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts