RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a site to do a ladies retreat in Wisconsin.

I want to do it in August. It's up on the edge of the northwoods. Weather can be tempermental, I know... But it's far enough north that, from my limited Wisconsin experience, it should be ok (and historical weather for the area looks good at that time -- 50's overnight, 70-80 during the day).

Anyway... From what I recall and best I can tell on AKC website, there's nothing the first few weeks of August for hunt tests. I think northern flight is the first towards the end of the month.

I have my pick of the first three weekends in August at this location.

I want to try to announce the dates today and confirm them with the location...

Does anybody know of any conflicts on any of those first three weekends in August?

Thanks.

-Kristie

·
Registered
261 Posts
YES!, I can’t make it the weekend of the August 18th and would love to go!

When your saying “the edge” of the north woods what are you talking? August can be pretty hot up here and it has been very dry. I have relatives up by Tomahawk and the lake there is down a good six feet from last year already. :(

Seriously...I would really love to go...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Donna Kerr said:

When your saying “the edge” of the north woods what are you talking? August can be pretty hot up here and it has been very dry. I have relatives up by Tomahawk and the lake there is down a good six feet from last year already. :(

only about 30 mins westnorthwest... the pieces of water on the property are nice and small. I'll ask about their levels...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Donna Kerr said:

My initial thought, for some reason, is to go with the second weekend.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I wish I could go!!! A retriever retreat up here! I am due the end of July. Maybe next year?? No fair, I would really love to participate and I know a friend or two that would be excited also.

Carrie

·
Registered
261 Posts
The second weekend would be great for me. I’d be willing to help out if you need it.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
AKC field trials conflict all four weekends in August.

AKC hunt tests do not conflict for first three weekends. But there is a hunt test the fourth weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AmiableLabs said:
AKC field trials conflict all four weekends in August.

AKC hunt tests do not conflict for first three weekends. But there is a hunt test the fourth weekend.
Good, that's what I thought. Not worried about field trials... Thanks!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Kristie Wilder said:
Not worried about field trials... Thanks!
Hrrrmmmph! :evil:

:wink: :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
What luck! Since Iv missed the last 2 :cry: it would be great to have the first for me so close. I know of quite a few ladies that would go from my area Kristie :!:

Expect warm weather though. Aug. is known for this famous saying at that time of year... "Dog days of August" :wink:

I could help, if you need.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AmiableLabs said:
Kristie Wilder said:
Not worried about field trials... Thanks!
Hrrrmmmph! :evil:

:wink: :D
ummm, it's based on AKC HUNT TESTS... So I'm not worried about conflicts wth mostly anything but those... make sense? :roll: :wink: :D

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Kristie Wilder said:
I found a site to do a ladies retreat in Wisconsin.

I want to do it in August. It's up on the edge of the northwoods. Weather can be tempermental, I know... But it's far enough north that, from my limited Wisconsin experience, it should be ok (and historical weather for the area looks good at that time -- 50's overnight, 70-80 during the day).

Anyway... From what I recall and best I can tell on AKC website, there's nothing the first few weeks of August for hunt tests. I think northern flight is the first towards the end of the month.

I have my pick of the first three weekends in August at this location.

I want to try to announce the dates today and confirm them with the location...

Does anybody know of any conflicts on any of those first three weekends in August?

Thanks.

-Kristie
NW Iowa August, 4 & 5.
Rice Creek August 11 & 12 (MN)
Northern Flight August 25 & 26.(MN)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Creek Retrievers said:
Where exactly would it be located? I know a few kennels located in that area.
West of Rhinelander about an hour I think. I don't have everything completely confirmed (99%), but I'll probably try to get the information on the website tonight.

-K

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Targander said:
What luck! Since Iv missed the last 2 :cry: it would be great to have the first for me so close. I know of quite a few ladies that would go from my area Kristie :!:

Expect warm weather though. Aug. is known for this famous saying at that time of year... "Dog days of August" :wink:

I could help, if you need.
I'm hoping it's north enough to beat the odds... But I do remember a few very hot days up there... And I remember a deathly hot test at Northern Flight. Another at Blackhawk and another at Fox Valley...

I looked at the historic weather for the town and overall it seems like it would be reasonable ON AVERAGE.

I'd love to see you there!

-K

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
An hour west of Rhinelander ... great, I know where that is and can find that easily!! :D

Sue

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the feedback so far. I'm giving this one quick bump before it dies so I have as much info as possible. 99% sure it will be that 2nd weekend in August at this point...

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Kristie Wilder said:
Thanks for all the feedback so far. I'm giving this one quick bump before it dies so I have as much info as possible. 99% sure it will be that 2nd weekend in August at this point...
One other event going on will be Game Fair in Anoka. Hope it works out for you. Plan on staying and running NFHRA on the 25th & 26th.
First 2008 Master National qualifying test in Mn or Wisconsin. Good set of Master judges lined up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts