RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Need Food Help For my Dog

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Renee P. 
#1 ·
Hi ,

I ve gt my new labrador . This is very new for me since this is the first time i ve got a dog.....

Am little bit confused about feeding him..

I went through some online resources but still it would me more better if anyone of you help me with this......

I used some online calculator at sites like easycalculation.com and it says my dog needs to take 795 calories/day . Guide me with the feeding of my dog to maintain 795 calories/day.....

#2 ·
I'm new at this too, but what seems to work best is to watch the dog and read the feeding instructions. Most bags have a feeding chart on the back. I feed my pup Taste of the Wild and I have had zero complaints with it, dog is strong and healthy as can be. If we have a big day, I feed my pup an egg with with her dry food, sometimes sweet potatoes or a piece of salmon, just a little something to give her some extra energy and hep her body develop. Also found out that feeding time is a great way to practice some basic obedience.

#3 ·
What did the breeder suggest?

#4 · (Edited)
Standard sporting dog kibble (30% protein, 20% fat) typically has 400 to 500 kcal per cup. It usually says on the bag somewhere as part of the feed's "Guaranteed analysis." Pro Plan 30/20, for example, says 475 kcal per cup. Dr Tim's Pursuit (30/20) says it has 450 kcal/cup. Eukanuba Premium 30/20 is 385 kcal per cup.

These are very rough guides as some feeds are more digestible than others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.