RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to New Orleans this coming weekend. Am either going to stay in Slidell or N.O. We are going to be going to Jackson Square and to some other places Downtown on Friday and Saturday and to Slidell on Sunday. Need to stay somewhere in a NOT dangerous area, safe to park the car overnight etc. Somewhere along the lines of LaQuinta or something similar.

Any of you guys familiar with the area that can help it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I live in Slidell, there is a LaQuinta on the service at my exit on Gause/190 exit. 794 I-10 Serv rd, 866-670-5933
Pretty safe area. You will not find a hotel but only motels in slidell. Have fun but be very carefull in the french qtr

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
If you are going for fun and not taking the dogs I highly recommend Le Pavillon Hotel. I have been staying there for years when I go to NOLA. Short walk to Burbon Street and the French Quarter and not too far from the garden district. It is a great old school hotel with out of this world service. It runs $300 or so a night, but you can find it on Travelocity for $116 (I just looked) and it is well worth it. Hot chocolate and PB&J sandwiches in the lobby every night.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There are a lot of good options. Do yourself a favor and stay in New Orleans. You don't want to be going back and forth to Metarie or Slidell. I had a cub scout campout with my nine year old, so my wife and six year old got a room at the Hyatt two weekends ago. It is right next to the Superdome and is completely renovated. It is probably one of the nicest hotels in town. I think they paid $134/night. Le Pavillon, as mentioned before, is also a good option. I am not sure what the prices of the others might be (many run summer specials) but try the Roosevelt, the W, or the Queen & Crescent. I have stayed in all of these and they are all very nice and safe. New Orleans gets a lot of bad press but it is just like anywhere else. You just have to use common sense. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The W French Quarter (the old de la Poste - loved those carriage house rooms), the Monteleone, the Royal Sonesta (right on Bourbon), the Bourbon Orleans.

I second the stay in NOLA and not Slidell. That's about a 30-mile drive.

Now, are we going to start a free-for-all on where to eat in NOLA??????

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
The Ambassador Hotel

Ambassador Hotel
535 Tchoupitoulas St.

New Orleans, LA 70130
NewOrleans.com Reservation Hotline: 1-855-639-6756

$79. a night and located within safe walking distance of everything; French Quarter, Riverwalk and Warehouse District. Lucy's Retired Surfer Bar & Restaurant is just two blocks away, great place for a $15.00 meal and Drew Brees' favorite bar!

Oh, ESPN's Colin Cowheard doesn't know what he's talking about. One tourist murdered in last six years with over 3,000,000 visitiors a year is as good as it gets!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
High ground! :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts